Kimball Art Museum area... Ft. Worth area? I don't see it as it's own section anymore. :/

I am going to go to the Art museum tomorrow in Ft. Worth. Would anyone be interested in meeting up for the tour or a cocktail? BBQ also speaks to me!! I figure if I am going to drive out there make a day out of it.

Also any hotels or areas that are safe or maybe places to avoid. Lol

Any help would be great!

I would have posted in it's own section but not seeing it has it's own section anymore, just for Ft. Worth.

Hope everyone is warm!! Hugs and kisses!!
Crap! I was planning on being in cowtown tomorrow, but I won’t be able to thanks to meetings in Dallas.

BBQ: Heims is the hot joint these days. Railhead and Angelo’s are two FW standbys if you can’t get into Heim’s. All three are not far from the museum district.

Enjoy FW. It’s the best part of the metroplex, in my humble opinion.
IMHO, almost any hotel that a person with decent standards would consider staying in is safe. Just don't give anyone any reason to suspect anything. If the clerk asks, "What brings you here?", answer, simply, "business" or "personal reasons." He's either just making small talk or checking a box that his software requires him to check. And it's not illegal to meet someone in a hotel room for BCD activities; lots of people do it even when money doesn't change hands. And, IMO, even if the manager uses a pass key to get in as you're wiping your face off with one hand while the guy is handing you money in the other, I would think the worst thing that might happen is that you'd be asked to leave. The last thing they would want to do is attract attention to your activities on site.

As far as barbeque goes, TinMan pretty much has it nailed. Heim's is trendy and expensive. Angelo's and Railhead are more low key. I've heard good things for a long time about Angelo's ribs, but I didn't find them that great the time I tried them. The chopped beef sandwich there, on the other hand, is just pure heaven.

There's a new place on the far west side that's been drawing a lot of attention: Billy's Oak Acres, on Camp Bowie past Alta Mere. I haven't been there yet, but I plan to soon.
I'm wondering if the Kimbell is closed because of the government shutdown?
Doubt it. Why would a privately funded museum shut down because the federal government is?

That's more potential visitors on weekdays.
It wouldn’t be affected by the government shutdown. It’s a private museum.

Lance is right about the chopped beef sandwich at Angelo’s. That’s what I’ve always ordered when I go. And make sure you order a cold Bud, too. That ice-cold beer in the frosty glass is the perfect accompaniment.

Damn, I’m so pissed I can’t go there for lunch with a hot blonde tomorrow! FML!
I called to confirm a few days ago to check how late they were open. So all good there. Also they offer wheelchairs for free!
Stick with the Brisket at Angelo's. My go to place for Bar B Q is 407 Bar B Q in Argile. It's as good as it gets. After you visit the museum take a visit to the Stockyards. They have a small cattle drive around 10 and 3 right through the Stockyards. Gtear music and you can walk outside with a drink. But I'm more of a Stockyards guy . I'm not into the 7th street scene.