Sinus allergies

I know that there's no real cure for sinus allergies but wanted see if anyone who battles with this has an idea for relief. I've been popping Claritin for about the last 10 days and I can tell my body is not reacting to it like it should.

I heard one good idea was to get some saline solution to clean the nostril should help. Any other tips/ideas?
I use the nedi bottle thing (saline nose douche) twice a day and it seems to help. Also my ENT told me to not load up on pills if you are too congested. I have used acupuncture to treat the congestion and it helps as well.
Picked up saline/menthol spray at Kroger laast week. Works. Menthol stings at first but works for me.

Chiropractic adjustment may also help. Top vertebrae links nerve to sinuses. Adjust that in two minutes it is wide open. Then flush crap out to keep open.

This year seems to be worse I have experienced in along time.
I use sudafed during the day and benadryl at night. Sudafed wont' make me drowsy so I'm OK at work, but benadryl will put me to sleep, so I also use it to help me rest when the congestion happens.
Sudafed can cause irregular heartbeat - it did it to me and my doctor told to never take it. I have Zyrtec (over the counter, long lasting relief without antihistamine side effects) and also a prescription for Flonase nasal spray. Both work very well. And if my eyes get irritated, Opcan-A (over the counter) works well.
Sudafed can cause irregular heartbeat - it did it to me and my doctor told to never take it. Originally Posted by NorthWood
I've never heard this before, but I will check into it. The one thing that sudafed has over most other meds is that it won't make me drowsy. I have also heard about hockey players using sudafed as a form of 'uppers'.

I just never have had any luck with prescription sinus meds.

I can't work under any meds that will make me drowsy, my work requires this, but my work also gets bent out of shape if we take off sick for sinus allergies.
I suffer from allergies year round, so my ENT doctor advised me to take Zyrtec & Mucinex D daily to help prevent sinus infections. Of course, when allergins are high, I have to double up on my Mucinex D and hope I don't get too bad of an infection. Since taking antibiotics for small infections is not good for the body, I will also take Benadryl when I get really bad sinus infections. If I get an ear infection, then I have no choice but to take antiobiotics. However, since I started taking allergy & Mucinex pills daily, the ear infections have stopped.
Good advice from everyone, thanks!

I got some saline solution this morning. I also picked up a bottle of the Zicam nasal spray and some Mucinex D. I bought a bottle of Zyrtec a few weeks ago when my allergies first started acting up. The Zyrtec didn't seem to have the same potency as the Claritin so I switched back to Claritin. I still have some Zyrtec left but just haven't tried it since the last time.
I'm going to try Claritin as soon as I'm out of Zyrtec and see if it will be stronger for me as well. Thanks for the information.
Diva, the only one that seems to work for me is the Claritin-D 24 hr pills. Those are the ones that you can't just grab off the shelf. You have to go to the pharmacy counter and ask for it. They usually ask for ID to buy it. Apparently, it has something in it that they want to keep track of how many times you buy it.
I never had sinus issues till I moved here over 10 yes ago. Now I have congestion an sinus problems all year long. I've tried tons of things but there are some good ideas in here. Gonna have to try the chiropractor test for sure. Just on general principle.
Sudafed can cause irregular heartbeat - it did it to me and my doctor told to never take it. I have Zyrtec (over the counter, long lasting relief without antihistamine side effects) and also a prescription for Flonase nasal spray. Both work very well. And if my eyes get irritated, Opcan-A (over the counter) works well. Originally Posted by NorthWood

I used Sudafed on a pretty regular basis myself.Had a Heart Attack and Dr. said not to use it,since it constricts the Blood Vessels.I like the Flonase now too.
Warm water/sea salt works best but sudafed helps when thats not available. Zyrtec/Benadryl makes me sleepy
I use benadryl and it works best for me. Nothing else has worked for me in a while.
Diva, the only one that seems to work for me is the Claritin-D 24 hr pills. Those are the ones that you can't just grab off the shelf. You have to go to the pharmacy counter and ask for it. They usually ask for ID to buy it. Apparently, it has something in it that they want to keep track of how many times you buy it. Originally Posted by IceCreamMan
Considering that I'm suffering from allergies as much as you are, I'm willing to try it and see how it works for me. Although, I have a high respect for my doctor, he's not the one suffering from this. I'm more than willing to investigate other options.