Would you take a trip to Sturgis for the Rally?

• buggs
  • 05-16-2011, 05:49 PM
I was thinking today about my annual trip that I take to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. I go every August with a group of freinds and I started to think how cool it would be to take a companion. (not fun to be the only lone guy in the group) My familiy life is complicated - so this really hasn't been an option for me.

Since, I can't have a girlfriend and I was trying to decide if I knew any casual girl friends that would like a free trip just for fun. Not much was coming to mind.

Well, today I started to think about this forum... Would a working girl (now that is an outdated term!) be interested in a trip? I am sure a guy could do anything with an unlimited budget - but I am very doubtful that anyone would "really" be interested.

But I figured I would start a conversation anyway. Less thinking that I willl find a back seat and more just to see what the ladies think about the idea.

So tell me - Would you take a vacation to the Sturgis Rally with one of your clients?
Absolutely! The problem is you are in Texas, & I am in Minnesota. Shoot! I always miss out on the fun ones!

Licks-n-kisses!
Leann
If MAJOR chemistry? I would go around the world and back! I have guys I have never met ask me on Looooooong vacations and I just dont get that! Perfect reviews and acting any girl can do for an hour.

Go with someone you already have seen at least once and then propose the idea. If she squirms, stutters, or starts making excuses then that was a hint the the chemistry was one-sided.

Find out what her daily goal is, then be able to match that. Some girls goals are like $200 or one call a day... Some girls are trying to squeeze in 7 clients a day...what ever her daily goal, try to match that budget. Every girl has a different goal- per-day.

If your fav is not interested or booked, then try Adult Friend Finder... just my two cents

xo- Angela
I would absolutely love to do something like that if there was some good chemistry, connection and it fit into a time frame I could get away from my home responsibilities.
I also think it might be a good idea that they already enjoy riding on the back of a motorcycle.

Maybe grab a girl that has her own helmet at least...if that's how you ride.
(I've only ridden w/out a helment once - in a small town, when we were headed to dinner.)
Just remember - you also have gear, gloves, she will have to pack light (unless you are bringing a trailer).

And I know it sounds like I know a lot about all of this - but I honestly do not know about the Stergis. How far is that (for others who don't know as well.)

And what other girls said - got to make sure there is chemistry.
(you know - there's a few girls here who have their own bikes. Ivy Chick and Ashley Nicole - come to mind.(forgive me, I can't recall her name. Her pics are super hot though.)
  • buggs
  • 05-16-2011, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the feedback ladies. Interesting - I guess the idea of a trip like this isn't that far off base. I know a girl that I have met a few times, I may hit her up and see what she thinks.

I will keep you ladies in mind as well Chemistry is important on both sides - it is a long way and a long week to not get along.

Tangie - Sturgis in is South Dakota. We generally trailer up, but have ridden a few times. The Sturgis rally is the biggest motorcycle party in the world and has been going on for 70+ years. During the day we ride through the black hills stopping at sites like Mt. Rushmore or Crazy Horse, during the evening parties and fun.

Just check out the bands this year at the Buffalo Chip!

http://www.buffalochip.com/BANDS/BandsandStages.aspx
Well, what kind of bike?
Must be a harley or something more "custom" than what I'm use to.....my type of folks would bawk at someone who trailered up to go to a bike rally. LOL (yes, I"m effin with ya a bit, isn't that what's so much fun about the different kinds of folks who ride? I love the goldwingers who have a cappachino machine and shit. LMAO)

I was broke in riding sport tourers - that make a rice burner run for cover. I know, it sounds impossible - but a GS has a lot of Umph!
  • buggs
  • 05-16-2011, 10:04 PM
My main ride is a Harley Road King Classic, but we will also be taking up a couple of custom bikes.

I have ridden to Sturgis in the past - it is 21 hours by truck so it can take quite a bit longer on bikes.

Becides if we are going to camping for a week we like to make sure we have all the comforts of home with us!
I plan to be at Sturgis...I cant wait! We will be taking a trailer and taking turns riding and driving...

I'm also getting ready to go the ROT rally in Austin next month!!
  • buggs
  • 05-16-2011, 10:17 PM
I plan to be at Sturgis...I cant wait! We will be taking a trailer and taking turns riding and driving...

I'm also getting ready to go the ROT rally in Austin next month!! Originally Posted by Ivy Chick
We will be at ROT as well. Unfortunately, Summerville was a nasty dusty bust this year.
21 Hours ? Damn What way do You go ? I do it every year in 18... Yes, I trailer up also.. If going for a week it's kind of tough to get all the tents , sleeping bags and camping stuff for a week on the bike.. Plus all the photography stuff..
Cemistry is a Must.. I took someone up with me a few years ago.. After the second night at the campground (We stay at a pretty nice place, Not the "Chip") I ended up dropping her off at the Airport in Rapid City...
Hope you find someone to go with You.. Sturgis is a Blast
RAVEN- what was it that did her in?
  • buggs
  • 05-17-2011, 08:11 AM
Hey Raven. We stayed at Hog Heaven last year and it was pretty nice. It all depends on the type of party you are looking for.

You guys must be hauling to make that run in 18 hours with a trailer! We are pulling a pretty good sized rig but yeah it can be done in less than 20. This will be my 8th trip to the Rally...

So! I think we need a few more details on your experience.
Sturgis is about 1,100 miles from my home in the DFW area. I'm riding the Iron Butt this weekend which is 1,028 miles and starts and ends at The Colony. Riders have 24 hrs to complete the trek. I've completed the Iron Butt, on average, in 17-18. I'll admit your arse is sore by the end of the ride. I'm guessing about the same this weekend unless Mother Nature turns sour.

So, I'd say making Sturgis in 18 is doable - depending on the weather - and depending on how serious you are about getting up there without making any unnecessary stops.
TnT, Buggs.... After 2 nights of pissing and moaning about the tent , air mattress, sleeping bag not being just right, Bugs.. OMG There are Bugs here, What do we do if it rains ? The Bathroom is how far ? (We take up a 4 wheeler to run back and forth to the bathroom/showers ) She never figured out how to work it, So every time she needed to pee, I had to take her...
Wrist Band for CampGround $100
Tickets for ZZ Top and the Chip $50
Ticket to Dallas from Rapid City $300
Spending the rest of the week not having anyone bitch at me... Priceless

Buggs... Make sure the lady has been camping before and understands Exactly what all is involved in a trip like Sturgis... Taking the right lady can be a fun time for both.. Pick the wrong one, plan on a trip to the airport..

DFWRaven