What type of moderation do you feel is needed in upstate?

I'm not a strict mod, I'm more of a helping hand type of mod. I want all you guys to not be afraid to post reviews and such on this site. I believe that this site is all about the members and the reviews. Feel free to pm me with any questions or comments.
They really need the stable hand of a dead mod.
get some of those Texans gals up here, youre a winner.
whats needed is a team building exercise... like maybe a contest...

other than that...?
I don't have any advice for gman (nor do I think he needs it), but I appreciate his reaching out (in contrast to the condescension and patronization of some of his fellow Texans).
true dat jack. give you that one
maybe the ol mechanical bull didnt hit him in the head
I'm not a strict mod, I'm more of a helping hand type of mod. Originally Posted by geniusman
Very laid back, never struck me as a hard ass
I don't have any advice for gman (nor do I think he needs it), but I appreciate his reaching out (in contrast to the condescension and patronization of some of his new fellow mods). Originally Posted by jackfengshui
fix it for ya

Gman is doing ok so far
I think most of you are I missing an opportunity here...

You've got a moderator who is actively asking for your input on things you'd like to see changed, or kept, when it comes to the act of enforcing the rules around here...

All the joking comments aside, don't let this pass you by, or else you get what is given to you, and you have no choice but to like it...

Carry on...

You've got a moderator who is actively asking for your input on things you'd like to see changed, or kept, when it comes to the act of enforcing the rules around here...

All the joking comments aside, don't let this pass you by, or else you get what is given to you, and you have no choice but to like it...

Carry on... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Well we dont know how many PMs GM has gotten after asking for feedback.

I would just like a little consistency with a bit of transparency thrown in for good measure.

Carry on... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
agree
But as I already stated what I want in mod-ship opening, and got partly what I wanted in a pick by owner and or admin/s that maybe better than who I wanted. I would rather a more open discussion of this with me sitting out of it a bit.
Don't want anyone sayin
OSD, get over yourself. Originally Posted by Howdy Do Me
ya know.

as some seem to want
get some of those Texans gals up here, youre a winner. Originally Posted by bjwstw
whats needed is a team building exercise... like maybe a contest...

other than that...? Originally Posted by Plastic Man
what I do not want

this is good quote for where I'm at right now
I don't have any advice for gman (nor do I think he needs it), but I appreciate his reaching out (in contrast to the condescension and patronization of some of his fellow Texans). Originally Posted by jackfengshui
fits me better if you change Texans to mod/s

but not all agree with me that some more is needed. As I think they may have gotten the wrong one/s in ones fit of bad timing. Even you wakeup I think may disagree with me on that mod. But not his bad timing of his ops.
OSD lol
Please do what it takes to make gents here happy, no games, set an example as a mod

And be fair and consistent...

Just make these guys smile again and a bit less grouchy, please xo
I was intrigued by an out-of-state moderator becoming a moderator for Upstate NY. Not saying that is necessarily bad. I suppose there maybe advantages and disadvantages to that. Disadvantages may be the lack of knowledge of the culture of the advanced civilization of Upstate NY, and who is who among the members. That of course may also be an advantage -- coming in with a clean slate and an objective view without preconceived opinions. I am curious to know how common it is to have moderators from outside the area they are moderating. Is this common, or is this a case of an "intervention" by the national management to put out a fire in Upstate NY?
I'm not a strict mod, I'm more of a helping hand type of mod. I want all you guys to not be afraid to post reviews and such on this site. I believe that this site is all about the members and the reviews. Feel free to pm me with any questions or comments. Originally Posted by geniusman
That attitude in and of itself is quite refreshing.
I do have a few questions that can be better addressed via PM and I will be sure to take advantage of your offer soon.
Thank You.

And I am enjoying the addition of provider pics in your posts.