Indy Muslims call out creators of local billboard that insults Prophet Muhammad

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2...mad/370969001/

this below is what upset the local mooslims as insulting moohammed.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2...mad/370969001/

this below is what upset the local mooslims as insulting moohammed.

Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Hahaha, that's like saying an NBA Center is taller than the average person. Nobody can claim something is offensive when it's absolutely true and can't be disputed. If Muslims are offended by that Billboard Sign it might be time for them to change their religious views.

Jim
lol i saw this earlier in the week, the news story. funny thing that the sign doesn't even name Mohammad

so they must know their prophet by his many good deeds to humanity lol
worst of it is their denial about the things he did and they call that a lie. such a laugh.
Hahaha, that's like saying an NBA Center is taller than the average person. Nobody can claim something is offensive when it's absolutely true and can't be disputed. If Muslims are offended by that Billboard Sign it might be time for them to change their religious views.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
First of all I am not a Muslim, not by a long shot. Nevertheless, many falsehoods from that billboard - for starters:
Muhammads youngest wife I believed he married her at 6 but wasn't official until the age of 8 or 10 when she reached puberty. Now in modern time we would look at that as being sick and Muhammad as a pediphile but in historical retrospect it was extremely common in those days for women to be married once they reached puberty. So girls being wives at age 10 was supe common. The life expectancy in those days were far shorter. A woman who was 30 would have been considered old in those days to have children.
To play devils advocates if we are to call Muhammad a pedophile we need to have that same label on Joseph or God since the Virgin Mary was at most 12 years of age when she had Jesus. I even seem some sources say she was about 10 but seems like 12-14 is more likely : http://www.gospel-mysteries.net/virgin-birth.html
He's accused of owning slaves. Yes that's true but doesn't make him a bad person since it was considered spoils of war to own slaves and if you criticize him for having slaves than we have a few Presidents who owned slaves who must have been bad guys.
The beheading of 400 Jews never heard that account. I would like to know if they were beheaded in time of war or if it was just random acts of violence.

Finally, I agree that Muslims tend to act as if their faith is untouchable. They berate other faiths but go ape shit when their faith is criticized.
First of all I am not a Muslim, not by a long shot. Nevertheless, many falsehoods from that billboard - for starters:
Muhammads youngest wife I believed he married her at 6 but wasn't official until the age of 8 or 10 when she reached puberty. Now in modern time we would look at that as being sick and Muhammad as a pediphile but in historical retrospect it was extremely common in those days for women to be married once they reached puberty. So girls being wives at age 10 was supe common. The life expectancy in those days were far shorter. A woman who was 30 would have been considered old in those days to have children.
To play devils advocates if we are to call Muhammad a pedophile we need to have that same label on Joseph or God since the Virgin Mary was at most 12 years of age when she had Jesus. I even seem some sources say she was about 10 but seems like 12-14 is more likely : http://www.gospel-mysteries.net/virgin-birth.html
He's accused of owning slaves. Yes that's true but doesn't make him a bad person since it was considered spoils of war to own slaves and if you criticize him for having slaves than we have a few Presidents who owned slaves who must have been bad guys.
The beheading of 400 Jews never heard that account. I would like to know if they were beheaded in time of war or if it was just random acts of violence.

Finally, I agree that Muslims tend to act as if their faith is untouchable. They berate other faiths but go ape shit when their faith is criticized. Originally Posted by J.G Wentworth
slave owners are fair game regardless of what period.

child marriage was common and accepted practice but that doesn't make it right regardless of what period.

beheading of jews likely took place after a battle concluded and the jews refused to convert leading to their execution.

there were several battles in Arabian towns that ended like that, but not in those numbers.

400 out of 800 was probably the most he executed in one day.

that killing likely had to do with the jews of the Banu Qurayza tribe where over 800 men & boys surrendered at Medina.
https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/p...d/qurayza.aspx
slave owners are fair game regardless of what period.

child marriage was common and accepted practice but that doesn't make it right regardless of what period.

beheading of jews likely took place after a battle concluded and the jews refused to convert leading to their execution.

there were several battles in Arabian towns that ended like that, but not in those numbers.

400 out of 800 was probably the most he executed in one day.

that killing likely had to do with the jews of the Banu Qurayza tribe where over 800 men & boys surrendered at Medina.
https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/p...d/qurayza.aspx Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Thanks for clarification and the update. I agree with you on all points except we have to historically accept that their was a period of time when if you were 30 to 40 as a woman you were considered old- at least to old to bare children and start and raise a family.

If that's the case, you would have to conclude that women had no choice but to marry early and have children at an early age. I wouldn't be surprised if women in Muhammad's days reached menopause at age 30.

I think what you are doing is comparing times in Muhammad's days to current times which is quite unfair since life expectancy was half what it is now and life was much physically harder in those days.'

There are 3rd world countries today where diarrhea symptoms kill people but here in America it's just a temporary inconvenience. So overall I don't have issues with Muhammad having a young wife or slaves since it was common during those times.

I hope no one interprets that to mean I support pedophiles or slavery which I don't, but you can't compare apples and oranges.

The same way I feel about the constitution, many people think it should never be amended, but that's ridiculous since our founders didn't have or possibly know the issues that would arise some 200 years later.

Finally, I agree that Muslims tend to act as if their faith is untouchable. They berate other faiths but go ape shit when their faith is criticized. Originally Posted by J.G Wentworth
I am afraid you really can't compare Mary with the pedophilia that takes place in Islam even today. Pedophilia runs much deeper than girls getting married at a young age because of life expectancy. Besides, Mary conceived Jesus through the Immaculate Conception. Google the word "Thighing" it's also still practiced by Muslims all over the world. Islam really doesn't fit in with the general religious views of the Western World. If Muslims are offended that's really too dam bad.

Jim
I am afraid you really can't compare Mary with the pedophilia that takes place in Islam even today. Pedophilia runs much deeper than girls getting married at a young age because of life expectancy. Besides, Mary conceived Jesus through the Immaculate Conception. Google the word "Thighing" it's also still practiced by Muslims all over the world. Islam really doesn't fit in with the general religious views of the Western World. If Muslims are offended that's really too dam bad.

Good points I find those that practice strict Islam like the Saudis and Taliban to be very ass backwards unlike moderate Muslims as you have in Turkey. I still don't see your point in stating that there's a difference with Muhammad's youngest daughter Aisha and the Virgin Mary. Muhammad, I believe at the time was 50 - and Aisha 6 to 8, Virgin Mary was from most accounts 12, again I have heard some sources say 10 and others list her at 14. Despite it being "immaculate " she was still married to Joseph who was far older. Jospeh was still a grown man who married a teenager so basically there's no difference between Joseph and Muhammad unless you want to argue that at least we know Jospeh didn't have intercourse with her prior to her conception, but again he was a grown man who married a young teenager.
In modern times we would classify both Muhammad and Joseph as pedophiles but I think during their respective time it was quite the norm.
Good points I find those that practice strict Islam like the Saudis and Taliban to be very ass backwards unlike moderate Muslims as you have in Turkey. I still don't see your point in stating that there's a difference with Muhammad's youngest daughter Aisha and the Virgin Mary. Muhammad, I believe at the time was 50 - and Aisha 6 to 8, Virgin Mary was from most accounts 12, again I have heard some sources say 10 and others list her at 14. Despite it being "immaculate " she was still married to Joseph who was far older. Jospeh was still a grown man who married a teenager so basically there's no difference between Joseph and Muhammad unless you want to argue that at least we know Jospeh didn't have intercourse with her prior to her conception, but again he was a grown man who married a young teenager.
In modern times we would classify both Muhammad and Joseph as pedophiles but I think during their respective time it was quite the norm. Originally Posted by J.G Wentworth
Well consider this point as far as Mary is concerned. Girls at the young age of 12, 13, and 14 can conceive children whether accepted or not in a society it's biologically possible. Six year old girls simply cannot.

Jim
Well consider this point as far as Mary is concerned. Girls at the young age of 12, 13, and 14 can conceive children whether accepted or not in a society it's biologically possible. Six year old girls simply cannot.

I have to pop your bubble on 6 year old girl not capable of having babies. they can have one, but its rare.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._birth_mothers
  • WTF
  • 06-11-2017, 06:42 PM
May I point out you gents are on a slippery slope, even if you are just jamming different religions. I do not think you can do that on this site.
I have to pop your bubble on 6 year old girl not capable of having babies. they can have one, but its rare.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._birth_mothers Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
That would be a freak of nature and I really have to question those accounts that it has happened. But for the practicality of this thread It's something that wouldn't be generally expected.

Jim
May I point out you gents are on a slippery slope, even if you are just jamming different religions. I do not think you can do that on this site. Originally Posted by WTF
You are quite right I am new to the political forum but a former member of ASPD. I just read the rules pertaining to this forum and although none of us intentionally meant to imply any sort of pedophila the slightest talk of it could be clear violations so I will remove myself from this topic.
I see the rules are pretty relaxed in this forum where I see guys bashing each other with some mean insults that' would get you banned in other forums.

Do you guys happen to know each personally where it's acceptable to insult each other where it's more of a comedy act?
You are quite right I am new to the political forum but afornee member of ASPD. I just read the rules pertaining to this forum and although none of us intentionally meant to imply any sort of pedophila the slightest talk of it could be clear violations so I will remove myself from this topic.
I see the rules are pretty relaxed in this forum where I see guys bashing each other with some mean insults that' would get you banned in other forums.

Do you guys happen to know each personally where it's acceptable to insult each other where it's more of a comedy act? Originally Posted by J.G Wentworth

You do well to heed his advice. That is a nuclear rule that is enforced -- even in this forum.