Caribbean Holiday recommendations

Ok I don't go on many vacations...like it's been 10 years...lol
I have been to Cancun and had a great time. Still I might try to find something a little different. Sandals seems to be running great specials. Any recommendations for a romantic getaway on the beach under the swaying palms? Not to commercial and with nearby activities.
Thanks in advance.
I have been to Jamaica twice, I loved it so much! Hit me up for more information....it's a beautiful island, and as long as you are good to the people, they are good to you...their culture is so laid back, and the scenery is totally paradise!! I am thinking of going again this year...
Take a cruise out of San Juan to the Southern Carribean. Hit 6 islands. Take a friend and have a good time.
I like the Caribbean. Look into a live aboard rental. If that's too much $$ at least rent a boat with a crew for a day. There are plenty of beaches you find that you will have to yourself. It won't be that much more than paying to go on a boat with 40 other tourists. Food is expensive in the islands, but rum is cheap. This is peak season. The summer is hot, but it is off season. You can't beat smoking a Cuban, laying on the beach with a SO, under a star filled sky. Great snorkeling, but do be careful of the sun. It's hot and you are closer to the equator, so the rays are more powerful. You can actually burn through a thin t-shirt.
What sort of activities? That can vary widely from Caribbean island to island. One of my favorites is Anguilla. No gambling, no golf (at least the last time I went, but they're building a course), but lots of amazing world-class (literally) beaches and great restaurants. It's paradise for me. But others find it boring because the night life is a good restaurant, a cognac, and hitting the sack.

On the other hand, the islands that some folks love, St. Marten, Turks and Caicos, etc. that have more activities, I can't stand. Too crowded and too touristy.
BVI
BTW They just call it the Virgin Islands, you don't have to be one to visit!
I am about to share with you my secret escape...I love this place. I was just here in December. You'll be forever grateful that I told you about it:http://www.islandoutpost.com/the_caves/

You can literally jump off cliffs into the ocean; it's been specifically designed to do so, and certain rooms have their own private cliff-jumping spots. Food is incredible (most all-inclusives are not-so-hot with the vittles), it's adults only (WOOT WOOT!) and there are lots of activities. It's been featured on the Travel Channel, as well...
Dinner in a private cave is a must!

Have fun!