democrat candidates are 2020 unelectable nonentities

You should get you one of these t-shirts.

Originally Posted by Redhot1960

Originally Posted by hamscram(Ekim)

Ekim
Speed why don't you tell us what all the ++++++'s on the DEM platform that with inspire middle America to embrace them...
The left coast and the Northeast are ALWAYS going to go for the left.
I don't see sanctuary cites, abolishing ice, open boarders, 70% taxes on the rich, the new raw deal...THAT NO DEM VOTED FOR!!...more Gumment regulations and abortion at any stage of pregnancy as wining issues.
Maybe you can list those issues that you feel will win over the populous.
I have never heard a President losing because he was hated...people voting in droves for what they believe is terrible policy, but voting so because of dislike of the President...GOTCHA!! Originally Posted by bb1961
Even if a 70% tax on the VERY rich passed, it would affect a tiny handful of people in this country. And not many of the potential Democratic candidates are proposing it. Open borders? Again, no Democratic candidate is proposing open borders. What to do about the problem at our southern border is a complex problem, one that Trump is having trouble solving.

The Green New Deal? Mostly pie-in-the-sky.

"Whatever the future of the Green New Deal as originally envisioned; it has already accomplished what was unthinkable a short six months ago—a charged national climate conversation. The past week’s events on Capitol Hill evidence the change that has come over the nation largely at the insistence of young voters and progressive politicians."

https://www.resilience.org/stories/2...new-deal-dead/

What would be on the agenda for Democrats in the 2020 election? Here is a nice summary on the various candidates views:

https://qz.com/1536793/your-guide-to...al-candidates/

To be honest, the Democratic presidential candidate, whoever that turns out to be, has the potential to be able to sit back and have to do little to instill voter confidence.

"President Trump will be the least popular president to run for reelection in the history of polling,” said the poll analysis that put Trump at 37% and a generic Democrat at 48%."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...ory-of-polling

From the same article:

“From the vantage point of today, if the economy stays strong, unemployment low, fewer Americans are dying in war overseas, and a couple of high-profile agreements with China and North Korea — that all could be molded into a winning campaign as the Democrats are shooting at each other. I am not ready to bet on his reelection, but I am also not ready to bet on his defeat,” Zogby said.'

Too many months to go before the election to cast anything in stone. The one thing we know WON'T change is Trump, and just like many people voted against Hillary Clinton because she was Hillary Clinton, many people will vote against Trump because he is Trump. Enough to cause him to lose the 2020 election? Your guess is as good as mine.
Even if a 70% tax on the VERY rich passed, it would affect a tiny handful of people in this country. And not many of the potential Democratic candidates are proposing it. Open borders? Again, no Democratic candidate is proposing open borders. What to do about the problem at our southern border is a complex problem, one that Trump is having trouble solving.

The Green New Deal? Mostly pie-in-the-sky.

"Whatever the future of the Green New Deal as originally envisioned; it has already accomplished what was unthinkable a short six months ago—a charged national climate conversation. The past week’s events on Capitol Hill evidence the change that has come over the nation largely at the insistence of young voters and progressive politicians."

https://www.resilience.org/stories/2...new-deal-dead/

What would be on the agenda for Democrats in the 2020 election? Here is a nice summary on the various candidates views:

https://qz.com/1536793/your-guide-to...al-candidates/

To be honest, the Democratic presidential candidate, whoever that turns out to be, has the potential to be able to sit back and have to do little to instill voter confidence.

"President Trump will be the least popular president to run for reelection in the history of polling,” said the poll analysis that put Trump at 37% and a generic Democrat at 48%."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...ory-of-polling

From the same article:

“From the vantage point of today, if the economy stays strong, unemployment low, fewer Americans are dying in war overseas, and a couple of high-profile agreements with China and North Korea — that all could be molded into a winning campaign as the Democrats are shooting at each other. I am not ready to bet on his reelection, but I am also not ready to bet on his defeat,” Zogby said.'

Too many months to go before the election to cast anything in stone. The one thing we know WON'T change is Trump, and just like many people voted against Hillary Clinton because she was Hillary Clinton, many people will vote against Trump because he is Trump. Enough to cause him to lose the 2020 election? Your guess is as good as mine.
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Actions speak louder than words. Hooker Harris, Spartacus, Fauxcahountas and Bernie are all in the the Senate. None of them have sponsored a bill to change what's happening at the border. Ergo, their lack of action shows that they are indeed advocating for open borders.
Actions speak louder than words. Hooker Harris, Spartacus, Fauxcahountas and Bernie are all in the the Senate. None of them have sponsored a bill to change what's happening at the border. Ergo, their lack of action shows that they are indeed advocating for open borders. Originally Posted by I B Hankering

And what have Republicans done to solve the crisis at the border, from Trump on down? Of course, Kristjen Nielsen "resigned" and Trump fired Alles. Have any Senate Republicans sponsored any bills to change what is happening at the border?

"An open border is a border that enables free movement of people between jurisdictions with few or no restrictions on movement, that is to say lacking substantive border control."

Find me one person in Congress or who is a candidate for POTUS who supports that.
And what have Republicans done to solve the crisis at the border, from Trump on down? Of course, Kristjen Nielsen "resigned" and Trump fired Alles. Have any Senate Republicans sponsored any bills to change what is happening at the border?

"An open border is a border that enables free movement of people between jurisdictions with few or no restrictions on movement, that is to say lacking substantive border control."

Find me one person in Congress or who is a candidate for POTUS who supports that.
Actions speak louder than words.

Show me one bill sponsored by any one of those Senators that aims to shut down the current open border situation that's in place due to inadequate and contradictory laws that are currently in place.
Are none that's where there votes are coming from just saying
Actions speak louder than words.

Show me one bill sponsored by any one of those Senators that aims to shut down the current open border situation that's in place due to inadequate and contradictory laws that are currently in place.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
The exact same thing can be said for Trump and the Republicans. Trump has no solution.

Cut aid to Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala? Great idea.(sarcasm). People are forming caravans to get to the U.S. border due to economic conditions. Cutting aid to those countries will only exacerbate those conditions.

Close the border? Another ridiculous idea.

Fire those who disagree with him on border security? That seems to be his answer to the problem.

I'm waiting for the POTUS to come up with the answers, supported by his staff of advisors. He is the one with the power.
The exact same thing can be said for Trump and the Republicans. Trump has no solution.

Cut aid to Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala? Great idea.(sarcasm). People are forming caravans to get to the U.S. border due to economic conditions. Cutting aid to those countries will only exacerbate those conditions.

Close the border? Another ridiculous idea.

Fire those who disagree with him on border security? That seems to be his answer to the problem.

I'm waiting for the POTUS to come up with the answers, supported by his staff of advisors. He is the one with the power.

Bull shit. That's a blatant lie that a 3rd grader can see through. Trump is using the fucked-up laws that Congress gave him to enforce border security, and every time he tries to innovate, dim-retards run to the 9th Circus and shut him down.

What's fucking ridiculous is allowing 1 million plus illegals per annum to willy-nilly rush and overwhelm U.S. borders: and Congress allows it to happen. Per the Constitution, Congress is responsible for creating functional laws. The obstructionists Nancy and Chucky have each been in Congress for over a quarter of Century and haven't done a damn thing to fix the problem.

Ekim Originally Posted by Hotrod511
How would you know if they are dumb?
Who is ekim?
What was wrong with your last handle?
I like Pete Buttigieg for the Dems. He's highly intelligent
plus the guy has common sense. I love folks with common sense.

I've got a real good feeling about him. I don't think he'll be able to carry the south but he's a good guy.

If the dems go with Biden then they are really losers, for sure.

I've got a real good feeling about him. I don't think he'll be able to carry the south but he's a good guy.

If the dems go with Biden then they are really losers, for sure. Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
Listen to what he says closely. He’s passive aggressive with a far left agenda. Is he smarter than Beto and the rest of the beat-offs, yes. Is he a good guy, no.

Bull shit. That's a blatant lie that a 3rd grader can see through. Trump is using the fucked-up laws that Congress gave him to enforce border security, and every time he tries to innovate, dim-retards run to the 9th Circus and shut him down.

What's fucking ridiculous is allowing 1 million plus illegals per annum to willy-nilly rush and overwhelm U.S. borders: and Congress allows it to happen. Per the Constitution, Congress is responsible for creating functional laws. The obstructionists Nancy and Chucky have each been in Congress for over a quarter of Century and haven't done a damn thing to fix the problem.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
It's funny that you blame ONLY the Democrats in Congress. How many Republicans have been in Congress for over a quarter of a century? Republicans McConnell, Grassley, and Shelby in the Senate alone. Congress was run by almost 2 years by a Republican majority while Trump was in office and yet you talk about Democratic inaction. Give me a break! If you want to blame both sides, fine, but don't single out Democrats as the primary culprits in the efforts to halt illegal immigration.

Regarding the 9th Circuit:

"Judge Richard Seeborg in San Francisco granted a request by civil liberties groups to halt the practice while their lawsuit moves forward. He put the decision on hold until Friday to give U.S. officials the chance to appeal to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals -- which, thanks to Trump's aggressive judicial appointments, is now more friendly to conservatives than it has been in more than three decades."
It's funny that you blame ONLY the Democrats in Congress. How many Republicans have been in Congress for over a quarter of a century? Republicans McConnell, Grassley, and Shelby in the Senate alone. Congress was run by almost 2 years by a Republican majority while Trump was in office and yet you talk about Democratic inaction. Give me a break! If you want to blame both sides, fine, but don't single out Democrats as the primary culprits in the efforts to halt illegal immigration.

Regarding the 9th Circuit:

"Judge Richard Seeborg in San Francisco granted a request by civil liberties groups to halt the practice while their lawsuit moves forward. He put the decision on hold until Friday to give U.S. officials the chance to appeal to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals -- which, thanks to Trump's aggressive judicial appointments, is now more friendly to conservatives than it has been in more than three decades."

At the present moment, it's Chucky and Nancy that are blocking Trump. Ryan, McCain, and Flake are gone. One 9th Circus hold versus how many obstructionists stays is laughable.

If the dems go with Biden then they are really losers, for sure. Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
Again you are showing little knowledge of the 2016 election. Clinton did not carry the south. Clinton did not carry "middle America". Whoever the Democratic candidate for POTUS is in 2020 will not carry "middle America". He/she will not carry the south, other than possibly winning Florida and a long shot in Georgia.

The latest poll on the Democratic contenders, out today, still has Biden well ahead, although he has dropped a little. Sanders dropped more. Harris in 3rd place is far behind.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...th-him-so-far/

Trump is still the betting favorite in betting parlors.

But this tidbit from vox.com is so true:

"Regardless, the messy picture here is probably an appropriate one. Trump is unpopular and consumer confidence is iffy, but the underlying economic data is sound. The president is probably looking at better odds of reelection than his poor approval ratings or the unending stream of bad headlines would suggest. But he’s got weaker odds than he probably should, considering the state of the economy and incumbency advantages.

Let us end by remembering — and I cannot emphasize this enough — how long we have to go. Not only in news cycles and Twitter rants, but for the economy. We are just entering the period that will likely prove decisive in how American voters evaluate Trump at the end of his term. The 2020 campaign is, in every meaningful sense, only just beginning."