Austin #1

Austin is #1 again in another category. Texas did fairly well overall.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/7199652.html

Is this a surprise to anyone?
Nope, one walk around the 40 acres campus explains it all!

sixx
If sixx had moved over to Dallas, Austin would be in #2.
I think it was really stupid for them to include birth rates in the rankings. I'm sure it's part of the reason Texas, OK city and Bakersfield did so well. Everything else made sense but birth rates? I seriously doubt people who have lots of kids have more sex -- they just have dumber sex. (I come from a RIDICULOUSLY large family so I think I can get away with saying this.) I'm promiscuous as hell -- look what I do for a living -- and I've never managed to get knocked up. None of my sluttiest friends have any kids. The people I know with kids, in general, don't have time for as much play. Sex toy and condom sales make more sense as markers. But STD's? Again, perhaps a sign of less safe sex rather than more frequent or varied sex.

Regardless of the questionable methodology, I'm glad to see Austin topped the rankings.
Nope, one walk around the 40 acres campus explains it all!

sixx Originally Posted by sixxbach
Driving through campus is one of my favorite pastimes....
  • ezman
  • 09-15-2010, 07:54 AM
Driving through campus is one of my favorite pastimes.... Originally Posted by rekcaSxT
When I go to a UT football game, it's hard to concentrate on the action on the field with all the coeds around.
I think it was really stupid for them to include birth rates in the rankings. I'm sure it's part of the reason Texas, OK city and Bakersfield did so well. Everything else made sense but birth rates? I seriously doubt people who have lots of kids have more sex -- they just have dumber sex. (I come from a RIDICULOUSLY large family so I think I can get away with saying this.) I'm promiscuous as hell -- look what I do for a living -- and I've never managed to get knocked up. None of my sluttiest friends have any kids. The people I know with kids, in general, don't have time for as much play. Sex toy and condom sales make more sense as markers. But STD's? Again, perhaps a sign of less safe sex rather than more frequent or varied sex.

Regardless of the questionable methodology, I'm glad to see Austin topped the rankings. Originally Posted by Sensual Sophia
I was going to remark on that too; the methodology is a bit nonsensical. How else would UTAH be up there? They have 3459 kids per household, is why.

The most conservative states have the highest rates of teen pregnancy, family size, and STDs. Doesn't mean they're having more sex. As you call it, just dumber sex.
After reading that article, there is no reason to move to the North East.