world juniors

Has anyone or is anyone going to games in Buffalo?
Given the importance this means to our neighbors to the north and their overwhelming fan support at the Tournament, I am happy for them despite our own loss.
Jack,

Did you watch the game? They dominated the ice and the stands. Heard it was not a pleasant environment to be a US fan.
No, I only saw the highlights in the news.
was a very poor showing by the US fan base, i was at the game and it was hard to sit and see all of the Canadian red thru out the arena. The US team was totally over matched in this game. This was the second time i watched them play. I saw them play an exhibition in Rochester before the tournament, it seemed like a diffreent team last night.
the whole tourney was bad if you are a USA fan... For the most part the arena was filled each game with more canadians than Americans. Forthe most part they were well behaved, but there was the occassional squable with some oif the more boisterous and inebriated variety. In all it has been a Great Week of Hockey for this area to see... Many of these kids will be the next all-stars you hear about in the NHL, especially several of the goalies.
In the end, the USA didn't have it. Canada came in here and kicked out ass and took our names... oh well, at least they are down here spending their money!
Was that Darcey Regier handing out the MVP trophies after the game?
Good riddance to him asap!
Good riddance to Golisano and Quinn too soon enough.

Canadians care about kids and hockey. US sports fans care more about the major leagues.. that's why attendance was what it was.
I sat between two Canadians from Toronto I invited so was insulated from most fan abuse. Not from them though. Worst game of hockey I ever sat through. I wouldn't have minded if it was at least a close game and we still lost. I went to some other games and the talent these young guys have is amazing. I didn't mind all the canadians there. And lets face it, most of the best junior programs are in Canada. Those small towns give so much support to the junior players. Opportunities they don't get in the states. I actually think some of the best games to go to are when we play Toronto or Montreal. Those fans are crazy for hockey. Reminds me of High School and College hockey games with chants and songs they sang. It's best when the Sabres win though. That sure quiets them down.
... Giving up 5 unanswered goals in the third period to lose 5-3 to Russia!

Now a whole country is in shock. As the Toronto Sun said, "Oh, No Canada!"
it must be the ice or HSBC .Did you see last weeks Bruins Saber game and score?