Should I visit Kansas City?

I've heard nothing but great things about Kansas City and as I get my cities in line for my tour of 2012, I'm considering coming to Kansas. I like to have fun in a city if I'm not too busy, so is KC a place full of activities or should I come with a book in hand?

Just looking for a little feedback on the city.
Lots to do here and I am sure it woould be a fun trip for yuo ..
You should bring a book, nothing to do hear but eat and gamble LOL But looking at your showcase something tells me you may be to busy to read.
You should bring a book, nothing to do hear but eat and gamble LOL But looking at your showcase something tells me you may be to busy to read. Originally Posted by dirty dog

Not completely true. If you like history the Kansas City area has a lot to offer. It really just depends what you are into, but Kansas City has a lot to offer.

If you are strictly into bars/clubs the Power and Light District is where you want to be.
Power and light is nice for a night but there are much more interesting and unique parts of the city to go out in. I would rather go to Westport or the Plaza than Power and Light which is very similar to bar districts in other cities across the US. Take it from me a true bar fly, yes I'm at a bar 4-6 nights a week. Check out power and light but don't miss Westport, the plaza or the other great downtown bars not in power and light.
I have read your reviews and....If you have any time to do anything but see clients I would be shocked. DAMN!
Yes, I hear that the plaza is the place to be. I'm not much of a history buff, but I would be willing to see the attractions. How big if the city? Any good shopping?

@bartman if I am that busy, I will do no complaining!
My first trip was great! I enjoyed it up there. (= I'll prob be making my second trip soon! Be on the look-out btw! (;
There is great shopping on the plaza and at legends.
I love KC--it always rocks for me......and i know they will love you [I so enjoyed our triple baby!}

The Plaza has nice hotels....also great shopping!

good diner food is Chubbys on Broadway