Tipping etiquette

How do both hobbyists and providers alike feel on the topic of tipping? Is not tipping a provider a bad thing? When do you ladies like or even expect a tip?
Guys, when do you think a tip is warranted?
I don't expect tips, but....I appreciate it very much when my clients do tip.

I've had guys give me tips upfront and at the end of the session.
^^^^ what she said
To me, tips go the person providing the service and the main charges go the entity providing the goods. Considering providers are doing both, tipping seems unnecessary.
i never expect a tip....but when one is given...it makes me feel great!
like i have really gone above and beyond the clients expectaions...

i think guys that can do that (if they can afford it) are very classy and gentlemenly
"Tips are never expected, but always appreciated"- I learned that from an artist friend of mine, and it, to me at least is a good philosophy.
I don't ever expect a tip....it is a very nice gesture when I get one. Makes a girl feel appreciated
I had one provider who actually asked for a tip so I gave her one as she did travel.One time she didn't ask so I didn't a few minuets after she left my door bell rang,It was her asking where her tip was....
I don't like being tipped. Its hard to get back up in those damned stilettos plus its just not nice

LOL kidding aside, I don't expect tips and on the rare occasion when a tip is given I am genuinely surprised and flattered. The best tip is a good review and a return visit
The old adage, which may or may not apply to the hobby, is that you tip an employee but never the owner. Following that, you would tip agency girls but not independents.

Generally my way of tipping is when lady raises her rates, but grandfathers previous clients - I leave the new rate. Just seems right to me.
I have never asked for a tip and I never will, I think it's very rude to ask.
When I get a tip I appreciate it, but never expect it.
i never expect a tip....but when one is given...it makes me feel great!
like i have really gone above and beyond the clients expectaions...

i think guys that can do that (if they can afford it) are very classy and gentlemenly Originally Posted by Angel in KC
she couldn't have said it better!!
I do not expect a tip, but it is GREATLY appreciated when I do get one.
It makes me feel very good..
like i satisfied my customer, and that's what I aim for!
I agree with the majority of people who said a tip isn't expected but it is greatly appreciated and really does make you feel special, like you aren't just like every other provider they've seen and like you really connected with them and made them feel great too.
On those occasions where I've decided to leave a tip, I just put the extra money with the fee and don't say anything. She'll know after I've left.
Agree with what's been said above, but I tend to do it 'just because'. I don't necessarily have to have a reason, or be able to articulate one. It is enough that we enjoyed each other's company.