Provider using AirBnB?

Has anyone heard of this happening? And thoughts about it? I can't imagine too many homeowners being thrilled to come back home and find out from their neighbors that their renter had lots of gentlemen callers
I don't know of any providers that have done this but I am sure some will try it. I would also imagine some single guy probably wouldn't have a problem with it, if you know what I mean. A family probably would. I think it's a great idea for the general public.
  • MissO
  • 06-06-2015, 09:44 AM
I've used Airbnb a couple times to host! However, this was only when I could verify that I had lots of privacy, and wasn't seeing any more than 2 clients. Airbnb is a great option for a longer date, especially for the culinarily-inclined!!
Same as MissO. I've used it a few times when I could find an apartment or condo in the desired neighborhood. It feels cozier, and usually costs less than the 4-star hotels I usually book. As long as a lady is only seeing a few clients, it's no biggie... she's just promiscuous for all anyone knows.
Is this where you trade homes?
No, it's just a site where people can list their place, or even just a room, for rent on a short term basis. It's a great option for vacations, btw, because a lot of people buy condos/time shares in places like Cancun and then just rent them out whenever they aren't there. You can get really nice, homey accommodations for less than a comparable hotel I love to use AirBNB for vacations.
No, it's just a site where people can list their place, or even just a room, for rent on a short term basis. It's a great option for vacations, btw, because a lot of people buy condos/time shares in places like Cancun and then just rent them out whenever they aren't there. You can get really nice, homey accommodations for less than a comparable hotel I love to use AirBNB for vacations. Originally Posted by CarolineDavenport
I use it all the time for vacations particularly Miami. I've never thought to use it for a date tho! Great idea. I'm going to look into it. I book lots of dinner and lunch dates and the idea of cooking in sounds divine!
I use VRBO when I go to Hawaii. It's always nice to invite providers. I need to look at AirBnB.

If you're going to travel for a period of time look into VRBO
I think this would be a good idea for providers with low traffic no more than about 3-4 dates a day.
A hot young low volume provider in Philadelphia has used Airbnb to great effect. I can see it being used more and more since it avoids snoopy hotel personnel.
I think this would be a good idea for providers with low traffic no more than about 3-4 dates a day. Originally Posted by LeahMitchell
3-4 appts a day is not low traffic...
I've used them for vacation rentals before and like them. But, I'm a tad freaked out at the idea/possibility of hidden surveillance and the murky legality of that. Google "airbnb video surveillance".

It was only 6 months ago that Airbnb even implemented an official policy but even now they just say essentially 'please don't illegally record your house guests'...but it's legal to record people in your own home without their knowledge (think nanny cams).

Airbnb is a grey area because it's technically a short term rental situation but many people think that just because a hotel can't record you it means a Airbnb host can't. The fact is that the legality of Airbnb itself is murky in many municipalities much less the minutia of whether or not it's legal to record your guests.

Anyway, just something to think about as you play naked hide-and-seek with Asian midget hookers in your rental house
Great information. I soak all I can in
I read some guest reviews on there and many mention that the host "checks in on them" from time to time so see that all is going well. That can lead to trouble.

I had a landlady at a short term rental in New Orleans who would just pop by anytime to bring something over and one day she caught me with a gentleman in the middle of the afternoon. She knocked and then used her own key! very embarassing. I would feel I was being watched with airbnb.

Not at risk of LE, but being watched by the host, which is the lesser of two evils I suppose.

But for a one night romantice date or two- no problem. Just not 3 or 4 lol
If we need to coin a term for this practice, I suggest AirBng.