Houston First Timer

If anyone has hotel advice, please PM me! I have 3 booked, but can always change if it seems logical. Also, of my 3 upcoming Houston stays, I booked a late flight out the first one, so I can explore the city for several hours after hotel check-out. Any reccs? I'm a Yankee girl looking for an authentic Texas experience, whether just some good food, or something local and cultural that's a source of pride to the local community
I love grad students.....

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=167105

edit:

Here ya go.....we have a sticky/thread dedicated to this:

Official Where do I stay and do while in Houston thread

Edit: Damn you Globe beat me. Originally Posted by Mojojo
Mojojo....great minds think alike

thought: be sweet to the new pussy
Here ya go.....we have a sticky/thread dedicated to this:

Official Where do I stay and do while in Houston thread

Edit: Damn you Globe beat me.
The Heritage Society downtown is pretty interesting when it comes to the History of Houston.

http://www.heritagesociety.org/
I'm a member of The Houston Museum of Natural Science and it's great.

Authentic Houston...

The Original Ninfa's on Navigation. (Tex mex)

Drive through River Oaks and understand how everything is bigger in Texas. Especially the mansions.

Go to Capone's on Tuesday Night and dance to the Guzzlers.

Buy something sexy and Texan at Pinto Ranch by the Galleria.

Go to The Palm for Happy Hour.

Eat oysters at Dantons or Ragin Cajun.

If it's Rodeo Time check it out.

If you get hungry after a long days work, go to Fuads and get the bananas foster prepared table side. They serve until 2am. Order a whiskey sour from Hailey the bartender.

That's all I can think of off the top if my head. You can pm me if you like.
I also want to thank you for actually asking a real and sincere question about Houston! I can tell you're wanting to know the local stuff. Good for you!

You'll do great here! It's a fun and friendly place with lots of great guys who enjoy spoiling the ladies! Make sure you have some time to go out. It's really fun here!