Is this an upsell???

One of the most highly reviewed ladies on this board quoted me a (good) price a couple of weeks ago, but we haven't had a chance to get together yet. I tried to confirm a date with her at her convenience, only to be greeted with a message that she will be charging more. Is this an upsell? Does a lady retain the right to change an agreed upon rate up until the date?

Don't ask who; I'm not telling. Just looking for insight in this situation.
Does she retain the right? Of course she does. What are you going to do, report her to the Better Business Bureau? Businesses change their prices all the time. I'm sure a person can for their companionship.
  • jaxar
  • 02-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Yes she does, and you have the right to cancel the date.
Ladies do at times decide it's necessary to raise their rate for a number of reasons. If it were me and you politely reminded me of the previously quoted rate, I would have just gone with that one out of courtesy. But if a girl is busy then she's busy--and often raising her rate is a way to try and lessen the weight of her schedule. If she were going up and down all the time without a steady rate, then there might be a slight crime here. Brings to mind the saying, "You'd better get while the gettin's good."
  • MrGiz
  • 02-12-2010, 06:35 PM
If it's been a couple of weeks... I'd say you're nearing the end of the period of time where it would be considered unethical on her part to raise her rate that was agreed to , two weeks previous.

If she's been getting consistently positive reviews.... and she has stayed as busy as she cares to be.... I say "more power to her" for wanting to cash-in on her hard work and success. That's just good business on her part!

I guess it also depends on her initial starting point. Was she on the low end of the cost range, two weeks ago? Was she about average? Or was she already at the upper end?

The main thing we dawgs need to remember is.... this is a BUSINESS for these girls.... and if they're smart... and good at what they do... they'll treat it that way!
One of the most highly reviewed ladies on this board quoted me a (good) price a couple of weeks ago, but we haven't had a chance to get together yet. I tried to confirm a date with her at her convenience, only to be greeted with a message that she will be charging more. Is this an upsell? Does a lady retain the right to change an agreed upon rate up until the date?

Don't ask who; I'm not telling. Just looking for insight in this situation. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
I think technically it's an upsell if she tells you in the room.If no formal appointment is made, her option to charge more is as valid as
yours is to decline. The worst thing she can do is tell you when the blood has left your brain and you are unable to neg
otiate.
If the date was already set for a specific time and Date. She should hold that agreed upon rate. Sooo Just maybe that message wasnt meant for you.
If the date was already set for a specific time and Date. She should hold that agreed upon rate. Sooo Just maybe that message wasnt meant for you. Originally Posted by Pamelatoo
Thanks, the medicine hasn't started working yet.
  • MrGiz
  • 02-12-2010, 07:00 PM
I think technically it's an upsell if she tells you in the room.If no formal appointment is made, her option to charge more is as valid as yours is to decline..... Originally Posted by Lookin4
Good Point... I agree!
I guess I'm just old fashioned: if you say you are going to do something, you do it. You may regret what you said, but you still do it.
  • BIG C
  • 02-13-2010, 08:59 AM
Closed per the threadstarter's request.....