How do I create a sound bite?

I've often thought that having a sound bite, on my website, would be a good thing. But I have NO idea on how to create one.

I have an older Dragon Speak program. But I'm not particularly savvy with the program and have never really used it.

Can someone teach me how to create a sound bite to put in my ads, and on my website?

Thanks,
Elisabeth
Can you provide some more details? Do you just need a way to create and save the audio to your computer, or do you need to know how to also put it on your website? That could help determine the medium and method of creation.

Do you want someone to just click 'something' and have audio start playing? You mention putting it in your ads; but I don't know if websites will actually allow for audio files to be embedded. I have a feeling to facilitate that, you might just go with a YouTube video where there isn't any video per-se being shown and just you talking (or moaning or maybe some clever soliloquy to mesmerize those who hear it).
  • Tetas
  • 06-02-2015, 11:41 AM
How do I create a sound bite? Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
Blow a politician then tell a reporter all about it.
Ba-da-bum!!!
If you manage to create a sound bite, I'm hoping it doesn't play automatically when we click on your ad. I tend to surf this during work and would hate everyone in the office to hear:
"Fuck me today! I'll blow you til the cows come home or you splash my face with your juicy cum!!"
  • Crock
  • 06-04-2015, 10:36 AM
To just record an audio clip, use the program built in to Windows: Sound Recorder

I have no idea how to embed it on your website, but I'll second the motion that you not make it automatically play. That's one way to guarantee I'll never visit your site.
If you manage to create a sound bite, I'm hoping it doesn't play automatically when we click on your ad. I tend to surf this during work and would hate everyone in the office to hear:
"Fuck me today! I'll blow you til the cows come home or you splash my face with your juicy cum!!" Originally Posted by Prolongus
To just record an audio clip, use the program built in to Windows: Sound Recorder

I have no idea how to embed it on your website, but I'll second the motion that you not make it automatically play. That's one way to guarantee I'll never visit your site. Originally Posted by Crock
I am on the EXACT SAME PAGE as you are, with regard to music playing on a site when you click on it. I HATE that.

What I'm wanting is a sound bite, that when you click on the little arrow, sounds comes over the website.

And if I were to actually do this, and I hope to, then it wouldn't be a message like above. It would be more seductive!

Thanks for the input. gulp
Blow a politician then tell a reporter all about it.
Ba-da-bum!!!
Originally Posted by Tetas
Lol. I'm discreet. No one would know about a politician being in MY bed! grin

Can you provide some more details? Do you just need a way to create and save the audio to your computer, or do you need to know how to also put it on your website? That could help determine the medium and method of creation.

Do you want someone to just click 'something' and have audio start playing? You mention putting it in your ads; but I don't know if websites will actually allow for audio files to be embedded. I have a feeling to facilitate that, you might just go with a YouTube video where there isn't any video per-se being shown and just you talking (or moaning or maybe some clever soliloquy to mesmerize those who hear it). Originally Posted by FunInDFW
To answer your first two questions (in the second sentence), both. I would like to imbed the sound bite on my website, plus, if possible ... use it in ads as well.

I need to make some sort of video, but until I do, this is the second best thing that I can think of. Plus, I do some phone sex here and there. And that is another reason why I want a sound bite done.

I had a friend try to help me, awhile back, but I couldn't figure out what he sent me and well, it didn't work out well.

What I want, is to have something on my site that a good friend used to have. And she hasn't had it on her site for years.

But it's a little bar, that you can push, that if you click, you can hear a message from me.

I do NOT want it to start playing automatically. Not at all. And it would be on a Wordpress.org blog. My hosting is through godaddy, if that makes a difference but I doubt that it does.

I have received a few PM's that I need to answer. If anyone has some ideas, I sincerely would appreciate it!!!

Wantonly yours,
Elisabeth
Figured you were smart enough not to do something like that, Elizabeth...it was more of a PSA for those who might be thinking about adding sound...
Figured you were smart enough not to do something like that, Elizabeth...it was more of a PSA for those who might be thinking about adding sound... Originally Posted by Prolongus
Yeah. Featured music on a sex worker's website, when you open the site, is one of my biggest irritations. And I'm not in an office setting!!!
Well then, let's just build you the Taj Mahal while we're at it!

Aside from someone walking you through this and being able to see what you're seeing (use a program called TeamViewer should you want to accomplish that, though) finding a tutorial on Google will probably be your easiest bet.

"how to create audio file for website"
"free easy to use software to record audio"

Above are two searches which lead me to good information that you might be able to use. Putting what you want specifically on a Wordpress style blog (PHP and html usually) could be found using this: "audio player to wordpress plugin"

Audio in Ad on Eccie and other websites: This will probably best/easily accomplished by putting a link to your own website in your ad that...
- can automatically prompt to download the file (not recommended for security reasons)
- can preset a page the client can view and click what you've described to hear your audio
- should you want to get really fancy smancy: based on which website they come from, have an audio clip that is custom to that site start playing thanking them for coming from 'XXXXX' website and yada yada.

This, and many other sites allow for youtube embedding, to which you can have a blank video that just has audio be in your ad. They USED to allow audio embedding; but I haven't seen that in quite some time.

edit: You didn't ask; but... I think a teaser video with you doing a sultry voice-over displaying your talented vernacular would be great.
Audacity is pretty easy to use and it's free. I've used it for some projects and things went pretty smoothly.
  • Crock
  • 06-08-2015, 09:50 AM
I would also recommend using a high quality microphone. If you don't have one, offer a discount for a client to bring their video game headset with them to the next session and use it to record. The boom microphone will sound much better than most cheap mics or mics built in to monitors and laptops.

And that extra sound quality will probably be exactly what you want if you're going to use a sexy, sultry voice for your sound clip.
Elizabeth, as a previous phone sex domme, we had to create audio recordings all the time. I highly suggest using this program to record and edit your sound file. You may want to have different options like .wav, .mp3, and .mp4 depending on the user's choice of listening via their device (pc, tablet, or smart phone).

The program we used is: http://web.audacityteam.org/

Hopefully you have a microphone or a headset with a microphone. We used a blu microphone with a pop filter that you can purchase on amazon.

Blu yeti microphone
Pop filter (this minimizes the p's and s's coming off sharp in your recordings)

Let me know if you need help.

xxx,

Annie