contrast/brightness level on HD TV

I have a samsung 55in led tv, i had the perfect settings set up then a friend comes by thinks he is a tv expert and focks everything up. i know that led/lcd/plasma are different, so the people who do have led what are yall settings?
Don't you have a "Menu" button on your TV remote? It should have a screen display setting you can go thru. You should be able to set it to "Default" or manually adjust everything. Either that or get your friend back over and make him unfock everything.

Love the Menu on my TVs...in addition to Brightness/Contrast it also has BBBJ, CIM, Rev CG, Asian CG (for watching Bruce Lee movies)....Ha ha ha, sorry, couldn't resist.
The definition of "Menu" sure has changed...
You don't just guess on the settings or use some one else's. If that were the case Samsung would just set it at that. You need to be able to produce certain scenes that allow you to properly adjust for each. Based on your TV and environment.
You might try avsforum.com. Search for your exact TV model, it's very likely there is a specific thread focusing on it, and most of those threads will contain setting suggestions that, at the very least, you can use as a starting point. I did this when I bought my Pioneer Kuro plasma years ago and it helped a great deal (the out-of-the-box settings were not very good), still using those settings actually.
Most have a way to return to default settings.

However, if you want to try the "cheat sheet" method, look here:

http://forums.cnet.com/hdtv-picture-settings-forum/
  • Crock
  • 02-05-2014, 08:41 AM
I have a samsung 55in led tv, i had the perfect settings set up then a friend comes by thinks he is a tv expert and focks everything up. i know that led/lcd/plasma are different, so the people who do have led what are yall settings? Originally Posted by 360fanboy
Most new TVs have a movie mode that will produce the most accurate colors possible.

Almost all TVs sold in the last 20 years are displayed with a super saturated "vivid" mode that has the reds and greens cranked way the hell up to make things really pop on the screen. Makes the image look great at first glance, but the colors are not accurate at all and you're really looking at fake colors. This is done to sell TVs and there are quite a few idiots out there that don't ever change their TV from this setting. The only thing that is even remotely worth watching in vivid mode is a ball game, and even that is going to look really fake.
what is the model # of your tv? ....

.>> you never mess with another man's settings >,< it is just as bad as changing their thermostat
You might try avsforum.com. Search for your exact TV model, it's very likely there is a specific thread focusing on it, and most of those threads will contain setting suggestions that, at the very least, you can use as a starting point. I did this when I bought my Pioneer Kuro plasma years ago and it helped a great deal (the out-of-the-box settings were not very good), still using those settings actually. Originally Posted by MagicFingers
This guy has got it right. If you really want to get into the nitty gritty details see if controlcal works with your tv.
You might try avsforum.com. Search for your exact TV model, it's very likely there is a specific thread focusing on it, and most of those threads will contain setting suggestions that, at the very least, you can use as a starting point. I did this when I bought my Pioneer Kuro plasma years ago and it helped a great deal (the out-of-the-box settings were not very good), still using those settings actually. Originally Posted by MagicFingers
+1 use avsforums for sure