Next time you talk with a Dallas cop…smile. You could be on camera

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/02/12/d...-body-cameras/

DALLAS, Texas (1080 KRLD) – Next time you talk with a Dallas cop…smile. You could be on camera.
About 50 Dallas Police officers have been wearing the cameras and recording their actions for the last month or so. Because they are so small…Deputy Chief Andy Acord says it’s tough to tell which officers have them.

CG
[url] Because they are so small… it’s tough to tell which officers have them.

CG Originally Posted by Copierguy0
I be damned, just like their dicks.
I be damned, just like their dicks. Originally Posted by threepeckeredbillygoat
  • BJerk
  • 02-15-2014, 08:34 AM
I like the police having cameras for traffic stops. Then, we can see whether they are the abusers or the abusees. Plus, it gives evidence whether they where right or wrong in a violent incident.
Im sure if anything were to make them look bad they would get right on that.

What ever happend to the two dps officers who were involved in giving those 2 women cavity searches (ass and pussy) right there on the side of the highyway standing right in front a cruiser with the camera running? And the officer didn't even change gloves between holes or women. Anybody know the outcome on that?

What ever happend to the two dps officers who were involved in giving those 2 women cavity searches (ass and pussy) right there on the side of the highyway standing right in front a cruiser with the camera running? And the officer didn't even change gloves between holes or women. Anybody know the outcome on that? Originally Posted by threepeckeredbillygoat

threepeckeredbillygoat,

That's some fucked up shit.

I think nowadays technology allows a third party to have control of those camera feeds say:

Internal affairs, homeland security,

The cameras will still be there but the feeds get automatically backed up to another section of the justice department.

That way the city's finest can't edit or decide to lose certain evidence.

What ever happend to the two dps officers who were involved in giving those 2 women cavity searches (ass and pussy) right there on the side of the highyway standing right in front a cruiser with the camera running? And the officer didn't even change gloves between holes or women. Anybody know the outcome on that? Originally Posted by threepeckeredbillygoat
She was suspended. No idea what happened since.

NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has settled a lawsuit with two women from Irving who filed a lawsuit claiming they were humiliated and the victims of an illegal “cavity search”, during a traffic stop last July.

Attorney Scott Palmer said his client Angel Dobbs and her niece, Ashley Dobbs, received a settlement of $185,000 in the federal civil rights case. “I think DPS came to the table, they did the right thing,” Palmer said. “They recognized this was a bad case that needed to go away.”

The Dobbs women were pulled over while taking a ‘road trip’ to Oklahoma. Trooper David Farrell said he stopped the pair because they had thrown cigarette butts out of their car window and were acting weird.

Trooper Farrell claimed he smelled marijuana coming from the vehicle and performed a search, but turned up nothing. He then called female Trooper Kelly Helleson, who proceeded to do a very personal cavity search to see if the women were hiding illegal items.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/06/26/d...earch-lawsuit/
NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has settled a lawsuit with two women from Irving who filed a lawsuit claiming they were humiliated and the victims of an illegal “cavity search”, during a traffic stop last July.

Attorney Scott Palmer said his client Angel Dobbs and her niece, Ashley Dobbs, received a settlement of $185,000 in the federal civil rights case. “I think DPS came to the table, they did the right thing,” Palmer said. “They recognized this was a bad case that needed to go away.”

The Dobbs women were pulled over while taking a ‘road trip’ to Oklahoma. Trooper David Farrell said he stopped the pair because they had thrown cigarette butts out of their car window and were acting weird.

Trooper Farrell claimed he smelled marijuana coming from the vehicle and performed a search, but turned up nothing. He then called female Trooper Kelly Helleson, who proceeded to do a very personal cavity search to see if the women were hiding illegal items.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/06/26/d...earch-lawsuit/ Originally Posted by budrn
It's good to know if they say they think they smell something when they pull ya over they can just shove a finger in your ass right there on the side of the road. I know they won a settlement but still, thats fucking bullshit.
I am a big supporter of the police and always have been. Dash cameras also show police are professional and correct in the majority of altercations, but I will NEVER understand the "blue wall of silence." Why would anyone want to keep scum in their profession? It really hurts them.
I am a big supporter of the police and always have been. Dash cameras also show police are professional and correct in the majority of altercations, but I will NEVER understand the "blue wall of silence." Why would anyone want to keep scum in their profession? It really hurts them. Originally Posted by Abraham
+1 I couldn't have said it better, Abraham.

I can understand loyalty to someone who you may rely on to save your life but to cover up obvious abuse of power puts you in the same category.

The decisions they have to make are particularly difficult because most of those they approach are harmless citizens but a moment's hesitation can get them killed. I get that.

There have been some highly questionable police shootings in Dallas and Fort Worth. While the full facts aren't in, what is known makes one wonder if there aren't some inappropriately trigger happy guys wearing badges. To defend them raises eyebrows.