Obamacare

In my home town, the largest bank in the area recently made about 90% of their employees 25 hour per week workers because they didn't want to pay health insurance for their employees. The change resulted in an almost complete turnover in the under management staff of the bank. The new people at the bank don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. Thanks Obama for screwing working people. And all those new jobs that they talk about, many are part time and who the hell can support themselves off of 25 hours per week.
  • EZ.
  • 08-30-2014, 06:59 PM
In my home town, the largest bank in the area recently made about 90% of their employees 25 hour per week workers because they didn't want to pay health insurance for their employees. The change resulted in an almost complete turnover in the under management staff of the bank. The new people at the bank don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. Thanks Obama for screwing working people. And all those new jobs that they talk about, many are part time and who the hell can support themselves off of 25 hours per week. Originally Posted by Bestman200600
I was doing some consulting out in Phoenix. The owner separated the company into three parts incorporating each one. By doing this he could keep each of the three businesses below the 50 minimum employees and avoid ObamaCare. He also made a lot of people part time employees.
Most of the job growth has been part time employees. In the past, we never counted part time employees in the employment numbers.

Most people are unaware of the ramifications of ObamaCare. Much of it won't go into effect until after the midterm elections. When employers start telling employees that they need to get their own insurance or their families are no longer included in employer funded insurance, people will finally understand.
If you like what you see at the VA, you will love ObamaCare.
A friend of mine has an Electrical Company and an Aviation Company based in the same location.

He fired every full time employee from both companies and rehired each full time employee as part time employee for both companies. Each employee works 20 hours per week for both companies, gets 2 separate paychecks without losing their 40 hours. Each employee is now on their own to obtain Obamacare.

As a small business owner I bow to his genius. As a citizen who is fed up with this administration and what they have done to small business, I pray for our future.
A recent poll found Barry Soetoro the fourth best President. #1 George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, FDR, and Ronald Reagan. #2 most of the rest. #3 Jimmy Carter. #4 Barry Soetoro.
and its just a matter of time before corporate health insurance disappears and all corporate workers are forced into Obamacare.
Most people are unaware of the ramifications of ObamaCare. Much of it won't go into effect until after the midterm elections. When employers start telling employees that they need to get their own insurance or their families are no longer included in employer funded insurance, people will finally understand.
If you like what you see at the VA, you will love ObamaCare. Originally Posted by OldLRRP
I had signed up for Obamacare and I wasn't really impressed with it.

The primary care doctor had a long Russian name that I couldn't even begin to pronounce, and his specialty was geriatric care. Mind you, I'm 22 years old.

As a small business owner I bow to his genius. As a citizen who is fed up with this administration and what they have done to small business, I pray for our future. Originally Posted by Von Spieler
Off-Shore tax haven?
A friend of mine has an Electrical Company and an Aviation Company based in the same location.

He fired every full time employee from both companies and rehired each full time employee as part time employee for both companies. Each employee works 20 hours per week for both companies, gets 2 separate paychecks without losing their 40 hours. Each employee is now on their own to obtain Obamacare.

As a small business owner I bow to his genius. As a citizen who is fed up with this administration and what they have done to small business, I pray for our future. Originally Posted by Von Spieler
How does this work for vacation and other benefits? Does he get 2 W-2's?

I'm not a fan of obamacare either, but some of the shit employers do to keep from having to cover their employers stinks too. I understand there is a cost associated but you'd think these long term employees should be treated better.

I would actually prefer if employers did not provide this coverage. I'd like to be able to pick and chose my provider, etc. I know it will never be like that but it would be nice to keep your coverage if you change jobs, etc...
Si Se Puede..
"If you like your plan, you can keep it (until you're forced to be a part time employee, and den da gubment take good curs of ya)"
Come on ladies....check your facts. You're slamming on the half-black president because both houses of Congress passed a law invented by Republicans?

Please read this before flaming me......

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...are-plan-1993/
Great arguments for single payer funded through employer payroll taxes.
http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-smallbusiness.php http://www.obamacarewatch.org/primer/employer-mandate

this reads to me like the employer mandate does not go into effect until after Obama is out of office and by then, the new president will dump this affordable care act, that is not affordable and hopefully design a healthcare plan that works.

http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-...al-mandate.php

As an individual, the plans offered are good for a medical disaster and that is it. If you want preventative care, or any non threatening of life medical emergency care, the fee you pay will not cover your deductible so basically it is 100% out of pocket as if you had no coverage...........and by the way, you still have to pay the monthly fee!
The Unaffordable Care Act is a POS, just like the traitor Muslim POS occupying a certain building in D.C. on Pennsylvania Avenue.
I agree
How does this work for vacation and other benefits? Does he get 2 W-2's?

I'm not a fan of obamacare either, but some of the shit employers do to keep from having to cover their employers stinks too. I understand there is a cost associated but you'd think these long term employees should be treated better.

I would actually prefer if employers did not provide this coverage. I'd like to be able to pick and chose my provider, etc. I know it will never be like that but it would be nice to keep your coverage if you change jobs, etc... Originally Posted by elcalifa
I agree