Pres & VP at Basketball game

I may be a conspiracy theorist, but I have a big problem with the President AND Vice President both setting in the front row at the Georgetown/Duke Basketball game. Does anyone realize that if anything happens to these two guys, NANCY PELOSI will be president. These two guys should NEVER, EVER, be in the same place. In fact, I say just keep Biden in a bunker like Bush did Cheney. Am I the only one concerned about this??

G
The current line of succession:

* The Vice President Joseph Biden
* Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi
* President pro tempore of the Senate Robert Byrd
* Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton
* Secretary of the Treasury Timothy Geithner
* Secretary of Defense Robert Gates
* Attorney General Eric Holder
* Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar
* Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack
* Secretary of Commerce Gary Locke
* Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis
* Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius
* Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Shaun Donovan
* Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood
* Secretary of Energy Stephen Chu
* Secretary of Education Arne Duncan
* Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki
* Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano

Scary. All in George Soros' pocket too except for Gates.
that list really is terrifying whichever side of the isle you are on.

What have we done?
That's what I'm sayin ! !
that list really is terrifying whichever side of the isle you are on.

What have we done? Originally Posted by notanewbie
The Secret Service needs to put a stop to these Barry and Joe outings, how are the American people supposed to sleep at night, with that list hovering over us?

"I picked a bad week to give up sniffing glue"
My guess is that if Barry and Joe meet their untimely demise that the Secret Service has standing orders (from an unnamed previous administration) to knock off the next 2 people on the list.

* The Vice President Joseph Biden
* Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi
* President pro tempore of the Senate Robert Byrd
* Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton
That used to be my nightmare gnadfly, now it is my dream. POTUS Hillary Rodham!
That used to be my nightmare gnadfly, now it is my dream. POTUS Hillary Rodham! Originally Posted by Wayward
+1
+1 Originally Posted by boardman
Where does Alexander Haig fit in all of this?
Where does Alexander Haig fit in all of this? Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
"Constitutionally, gentlemen, you have the President, the Vice President and the Secretary of State in that order, and should the President decide he wants to transfer the helm to the Vice President, he will do so. He has not done that. As of now, I am in control here, in the White House, pending return of the Vice President and in close touch with him. If something came up, I would check with him, of course."
"Constitutionally, gentlemen, you have the President, the Vice President and the Secretary of State in that order, and should the President decide he wants to transfer the helm to the Vice President, he will do so. He has not done that. As of now, I am in control here, in the White House, pending return of the Vice President and in close touch with him. If something came up, I would check with him, of course." Originally Posted by boardman
Not meaning to argue with you sir. The line of succession is as follows:

1. Vice President of the United States
2. Speaker of the House
3. President pro Tempore of the Senate

Secretaries of the president's Cabinet now fill out the balance of list of succession:

4. Secretary of State
5. Secretary of the Treasury
6. Secretary of Defense
7. Attorney General
8. Secretary of the Interior
9. Secretary of Agriculture
10. Secretary of Commerce

My arguement is not that the president steps down. It is that it is dangerous for the pres & VP to be out in a public venue. If, god forbid, the roof falls in and takes them both out, NANCY PELOSI would then be president by order of succession.

What you are speaking of happened when President Reagan was shot. The press asked the then Secretary of State who was in charge. He said he was. I am sure he ment until the VP got back to the Whitehouse. I remember the uproar.

G
There is an argument that it is possible to become president without ever being elected to ANY government office. All the presidents cabinet members are chosen by the CINC. Theoretically, if the top 4 of those in line of succession were in that building when the roof collapsed, includung the pres., the Secretary of State would be next in line.

G
Not meaning to argue with you sir. The line of succession is as follows:

1. Vice President of the United States
2. Speaker of the House
3. President pro Tempore of the Senate

Secretaries of the president's Cabinet now fill out the balance of list of succession:

4. Secretary of State
5. Secretary of the Treasury
6. Secretary of Defense
7. Attorney General
8. Secretary of the Interior
9. Secretary of Agriculture
10. Secretary of Commerce

My arguement is not that the president steps down. It is that it is dangerous for the pres & VP to be out in a public venue. If, god forbid, the roof falls in and takes them both out, NANCY PELOSI would then be president by order of succession.

What you are speaking of happened when President Reagan was shot. The press asked the then Secretary of State who was in charge. He said he was. I am sure he ment until the VP got back to the Whitehouse. I remember the uproar.

G Originally Posted by Geritol
It was in response to the Alexander Haig comment. I guess you had to be there.
It was in response to the Alexander Haig comment. I guess you had to be there. Originally Posted by boardman
Sorry missed that. Guess you can tell this really bugs me.

G