growing power of prosecutors

https://longreads.com/2019/05/03/the...f-prosecutors/

as per the sidney powell video posted in another thread, prosecutorial abuse is prevalent in both local, state and federal levels.

this is an interview detailing the problems of the prosecutors.
I think prosecutors and the police are heroic public servants - until they bother me, of course...
Prosecutors were heroes a decade ago because they played by the rules even if they lost. Now it has become de rigueur to do whatever but not to advance justice but to advance their reputation. If a prosecutor will cheat to win they will cheat to lose. Ask Kim Foxx of Chicago about that
Prosecutors were heroes a decade ago because they played by the rules even if they lost. Now it has become de rigueur to do whatever but not to advance justice but to advance their reputation. If a prosecutor will cheat to win they will cheat to lose. Ask Kim Foxx of Chicago about that Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Or Andrew Weissmann.
They have always had great Power now I think just a lot more Political
They should abolish the special counsel position. They’re all political hatchet jobs.
Some of the worst abuses have been at the state Attorney General's level. Ever since they all sued the tobacco industry back in the 1990s and got their greedy hands on a gusher of revenues, every fucking two-bit jackass state AG (and there are 50 of them) has viewed filing harassing lawsuits against private businesses and posing as SJWs while leeching onto the fruits of others' labor to be part of their job descriptions.

These people are the scum of the earth.

And here is a guy who is the leading example of this scum-sucking species - the poster child for prosecutorial abuse!

And let's not forget his fellow deviant pervert Eric Schneiderman who followed in his scum-sucking footsteps!

Some of the worst abuses have been at the state Attorney General's level. Ever since they all sued the tobacco industry back in the 1990s and got their greedy hands on a gusher of revenues, every fucking two-bit jackass state AG (and there are 50 of them) has viewed filing harassing lawsuits against private businesses and posing as SJWs while leeching onto the fruits of others' labor to be part of their job descriptions. These people are the scum of the earth. And this guy is the leading example of this scum-sucking species... the poster child for prosecutorial abuse!

(And let's not forget his fellow deviant pervert Eric Schneiderman who followed in his scum-sucking footsteps!)

Originally Posted by lustylad
At least Spitzer was paying high dollar Hos!
So is there any recourse other than voting them out of office? What if it's not a position that can be voted on? Some judges can be recalled, impeached, suspended or punished? What about prosecutors?
At least Spitzer was paying high dollar Hos! Originally Posted by bambino
Yeah, he was paying and fucking those High Dollar Hotties - while championing anti-prostitution laws and cracking down on New York's sex businesses!

Just like Schneiderman was championing the #MeToo movement - while beating and choking his mistresses!

But let's give them some fucking credit - at least they were consistently ABUSIVE ASSHOLES, both in their public and private lives!
Yeah, he was paying and fucking those High Dollar Hotties - while championing anti-prostitution laws and cracking down on New York's sex businesses!

Just like Schneiderman was championing the #MeToo movement - while beating and choking his mistresses!

But let's give them some fucking credit - at least they were consistently ABUSIVE ASSHOLES, both in their public and private lives! Originally Posted by lustylad
I know. They have no shame.
If I were accused of a crime and was innocent, I would prefer to be prosecuted by someone like Trey Gowdy or Jeanine Pirro. You know they wouldn't cheat or lie or bend the rules or withhold exculpatory evidence to put you behind bars.

On the other hand, if I was guilty I would prefer Spitzer or Schneiderman. With those scum suckers, you know you could plea bargain your way to a light sentence simply by offering to do something to advance their corrupt, unbridled political ambitions.