You may want to get yourself some silver, or gold.

As gold hits all time high of $2,328/oz: The role of the dollar as the universal reference point for valuation has been shifting subtly behind the scenes over the last decade…. as China starts to demand people receive the RMB as payment… and as other BRICS search for alternatives to the USD as references for value…. geopolitical disruptions and a growing lack of confidence in the US direction is speeding up that directional shift… (back to the future) with gold emerging as the winner to date as BRICS central banks build bullion reserves. Increasingly I am hearing that this is the beginning of a transformation that leads to gold as the universal reference point… for foreign exchange and for commodities. Where we change our way of relative value comparison… from what is this worth in dollars?… to what is this worth in gold?
Gold is Security, @Glintpay its Key
  • Devo
  • 04-05-2024, 06:26 PM
I found some neat silver coins for sale a bit ago, WW2 era German, all with Swastikas, and other Nazi markings.

What I found odd, was that they were priced at spot, not as an otherwise collectable.

My dad has an Apartheid Era Krugerand, mounted in a gold coin holder, on a gold chain that was his 70s, Disco necklace.

No shit, even my parents got into disco.

I recently searched to see if Apartheid era coins had any value above spot, and, they don't.
I found some neat silver coins for sale a bit ago, WW2 era German, all with Swastikas, and other Nazi markings.

What I found odd, was that they were priced at spot, not as an otherwise collectable.

My dad has an Apartheid Era Krugerand, mounted in a gold coin holder, on a gold chain that was his 70s, Disco necklace.

No shit, even my parents got into disco.

I recently searched to see if Apartheid era coins had any value above spot, and, they don't. Originally Posted by Devo
Gold Krugerands were illegal to own in the US after Nixon took us off the gold standard. I forget how long.
Another 8 minute video which is informative

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VMHZVkzqXAU
I've been buying silver rounds and a few bars since last year. Mostly the "Collector" themed stuff. Yugioh, Godzilla, John Wick, Zombucks, etc.

If anything, I'm safe from werewolves at least
I've been buying silver rounds and a few bars since last year. Mostly the "Collector" themed stuff. Yugioh, Godzilla, John Wick, Zombucks, etc.

If anything, I'm safe from werewolves at least Originally Posted by DrivesAllDay
And that’s half the fun of stacking silver. There’s some cool looking stuff. I have some Kilo and 10oz bars that are cool looking.
Bix Weir was a banker at the Boston Fed. He’s very knowledgeable. This video just came out. It’s 30 minutes long. I suggest you find time to listen to it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vAG0b9AeCAQ
  • Devo
  • 04-06-2024, 01:17 PM
Gold Krugerands were illegal to own in the US after Nixon took us off the gold standard. I forget how long. Originally Posted by bambino
Now that you mention that, I remember that was part of the allure, I didn't know it was illegal to own them, just that he had a hell of a time getting one, and even the local Jeweler who set the coin into the holder was impressed he had gotten one, I do remember its rarity being mentioned.
  • Devo
  • 04-06-2024, 01:18 PM
And that’s half the fun of stacking silver. There’s some cool looking stuff. I have some Kilo and 10oz bars that are cool looking. Originally Posted by bambino
I do have a 1 oz, Willie Stargell, come coins, etc.
Now that you mention that, I remember that was part of the allure, I didn't know it was illegal to own them, just that he had a hell of a time getting one, and even the local Jeweler who set the coin into the holder was impressed he had gotten one, I do remember its rarity being mentioned. Originally Posted by Devo
Yep. After Nixon took us off the gold standard it was illegal to own gold. You could own jewelry but not bullion. The Gold Krugerand was very popular at the time. You had to get them via the black market.
Gold and silver are one huge strike away from taking a tumble in value. Biggly
Gold and silver are one huge strike away from taking a tumble in value. Biggly Originally Posted by winn dixie

Why am I not surprised you would say that lol
Gold hits new record as China's central bank carries on enlarging its reserves

Read: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/ma...=1490&ito=1490