Waco Kid's Weekly College Football Review week 8

What is Waco Kid's Weekly College Football Review? It is an ongoing weekly review of all things College Football!!

Each week upcoming games can be discussed and predictions made, name-calling after victories and general all-around college football discussion! Each week will be closed out by the next Monday and a new thread opened for the current college football schedule for each week.

Rules -
"Rules?? We don't need no stinkin’ rules!"
Actually we do.

WKWCFR rule 1
"Lies, damn lies and statistics!"
British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli
If you quote a stat, record, 3rd down conversion rate, an all-time mark or the number of jock straps an 85-man team needs ...

Post it! If you can't post a link to it, it's bogus!
What's valid in the Internet age? Just about anything! Any of the major sports publications, local newspapers, any of the big networks and official school and NCAA sites just to cover the big ones.

WKWCFR rule 2
Predictions must be posted 1 day in advance! If you haven't read the sports page and figgured out who's going to win by the day before ya never will!
Must be time stamped before Midnight the day before game-day, for any weekly games Thur-Sun on the current weekly schedule.
So there you have it, pretty basic! You can post on general topics of your favorite teams regardless of that week's opponent. Just remember WKWCFR rule 1

Polls

Thursday

No. 1 Oregon vs. UCLA, 9 p.m.

Saturday’s Games

No. 3 Oklahoma at No. 18 Missouri, 8 p.m.
No. 4 TCU vs. Air Force, 8 p.m.
No. 5 Auburn vs. No. 6 LSU, 3:30 p.m.
No. 7 Alabama at Tennessee, 7 p.m.
No. 8 Michigan State at Northwestern, Noon.
No. 9 Utah vs. Colorado State, 6 p.m.
No. 10 Wisconsin at No. 13 Iowa, 3:30 p.m.
No. 11 Ohio State vs. Purdue, Noon.
No. 12 Stanford vs. Washington State, 5 p.m.
No. 14 Nebraska at No. 17 Oklahoma State, 3:30 p.m.
No. 15 Arizona vs. Washington, 10:15 p.m.
No. 19 South Carolina at Vanderbilt, 7 p.m.
No. 20 West Virginia vs. Syracuse, Noon.
No. 21 Arkansas vs. Mississippi, 12:21 p.m.
No. 22 Texas vs. Iowa State, Noon.
No. 23 Virginia Tech vs. Duke, Noon.
No. 24 Mississippi State vs. UAB, 7 p.m.
No. 25 Miami vs. North Carolina, 7:30 p.m.
Thursday

No. 1 Oregon vs. UCLA, 9 p.m. - Oregon

Do the ducks sink like Bama and the Buckeyes? Nope. they swim .. er run all over the Bruins. UCLA doesn't have the defense to pull off an upset unless the ducks drop the rock all over Autzen Stadium. not gonna happen this week.
I cannot figure out Missouri, they bitch slapped a$m and zerou has not played all that well, but getting better, anyway MU was like 8-5 last year, playing in the north

Do the ducks sink like Bama and the Buckeyes? Nope. they swim .. er run all over the Bruins. UCLA doesn't have the defense to pull off an upset unless the ducks drop the rock all over Autzen Stadium. not gonna happen this week.

UCLA 13 1 Oregon 60Now that's more like it! A number 1 who gets it done! Despite being one of the best offensive teams in the country, the Ducks will eventually need to stop someone on defense.

Saturday

No. 3 Oklahoma at No. 18 Missouri, 8 p.m. - Oklahoma

OU has been tested, Mizzu has not. until Mizzu shows me a strong defense they will continue to lose to Zerou.

No. 4 TCU vs. Air Force, 8 p.m. - TCU

Air Force is capable of playing with TCU. for about 30 minutes. At home TCU will start strong and pull away from the falcons.

No. 5 Auburn vs. No. 6 LSU, 3:30 p.m. - LSU

This is a tough one to call. Lester has more lives than my fat old cat! he'll pull a rabbit out of his hat and somehow take down Aubie.

No. 7 Alabama at Tennessee, 7 p.m. - Alabama

The Tide needs a win here. The other UT isn't ready for the big leagues just yet. Bama needs a strong game to show the voters they are still a contender.

No. 8 Michigan State at Northwestern, Noon. - Michigan State

Sparty is rollin' and could take the Big Ten. Northwestern has struggled to put away lessor teams so 5-1 record is suspect. Sparty rolls.

No. 9 Utah vs. Colorado State, 6 p.m. - Utah

Utes are way too talented for the Rams. this one will be over by halftime, Utes roll easy on their way to a showdown with TCU.

No. 10 Wisconsin at No. 13 Iowa, 3:30 p.m. - Wisconsin

Badgers will win this game not on offense but on defense, not impressed with Iowa offense and QB Stanzi so Bucky Badger struts again to another win.

No. 11 Ohio State vs. Purdue, Noon. - Ohio State

Buckeyes absolutely need a win to stay in the hunt. loss to Badgers was not really Pryor's fault but he needs strong game early to take away any chance for an upset.

No. 12 Stanford vs. Washington State, 5 p.m. - Stanford

goin' all in with Harbaugh. W St. is bad, Stanford is good. This won't even be close.

No. 14 Nebraska at No. 17 Oklahoma State, 3:30 p.m. - Oklahoma State

sorry Judge, going against the majority here, bugeaters can't contain Blackmon he'll have a big day and cptjohnstone gets the win (and a post-victory bj from his babe)

No. 15 Arizona vs. Washington, 10:15 p.m. - Arizona

Not big on Locker, he'll need a huge game to take down Stoops 2 in his house. Not this time, Stoops 2 gets the win.

No. 19 South Carolina at Vanderbilt, 7 p.m. - South Carolina

goin' all in with Steve Superior. Vandy is .. Vandy. S Carolina needs a win and the 'ol ball coach works the magic when he needs it.

No. 20 West Virginia vs. Syracuse, Noon. - West Virginia

Syracuse is improved but not up to this one, Stewy gets another strong win in his house.

No. 21 Arkansas vs. Mississippi, 12:21 p.m. - Arkansas

Boss Hogg rebounds with a win. too much offense for 'Ole Miss and i hate Houston Yer Nutts. Boss Hogg kicks you in yer Nutts, Ole Miss. Hey Masoli bet you wish you were still a rubber duckie!

No. 22 Texas vs. Iowa State, Noon. - Texas

UT needs more improvement on offense and Iowa St. should prove a good tune-up for my Horns.

No. 23 Virginia Tech vs. Duke, Noon. - Virginia Tech

Beamer continues to recover from the JM disaster. told ya Va Tech would be ranked again. Va Tech will contend for the ACC title.

No. 24 Mississippi State vs. UAB, 7 p.m. - Mississippi State

if Miss St. can take down Florida in the swamp they damn sure better beat a bad UAB team at home. no letdowns now!

No. 25 Miami vs. North Carolina, 7:30 p.m. - Miami

Canes could get a test here, Butch would love to beat his old team but i'll take the Canes at home.
"No. 14 Nebraska at No. 17 Oklahoma State, 3:30 p.m. - Oklahoma State

sorry Judge, going against the majority here, bugeaters can't contain Blackmon he'll have a big day and cptjohnstone gets the win (and a post-victory bj from his babe) "

As you said before the utexass/nu game, nu is one dimensional and we have Orie Lemon to stop the run. (ranked 2nd in solo tackles) Go to any of nu's sports boards and they have all conceded a loss What is more interesting go to a$m sports boards and how they are ready to get rid of Sherman
A&M made a safe conservative hire, which is why they are an average team. They should have gotten Art Briles. Shermie will get at least another year i think, just so A&M can be sure he's not going to make a dramatic leap forward. Too bad, that means A&M won't be in the running for The Pirate. if u faggies want some real excitement down there in College Station hire The Pirate. He'll make your offense roll.
It's a strange match to be sure, but one thing The Pirate brings everywhere he's been is monster offensive numbers (UK, OU and Tech) the man's track record speaks for itself.

anyone bother to notice how little Adam James has played this year? proves my opinion that he's just not very good and his daddy Craig "Yeah i took money at SMU, didn't you?" James colluded with that turd monkey Meyers to get rid of The Pirate.

one of Leach's former assistants said in an interview that the day before James suddenly had a "concussion" that Leach and his position coach had a meeting with him and got on his butt for loafing in practice. That ridiculous video was faked. The Pirate's lawyers will use that and more against Tech in court.

Leach will get his money in full eventually. He could probably break Tech's back if he wanted to but he won't out of respect for the students and the school. He'll just take his due and leave it at that.
Boy did OU turn out to be a fraud or what? Also another nice effort by Texas.
OU isn't a fraud, Mizzou was just better yesterday. Mizzou hadn't beaten OU in like what? forever? same with Iowa St, something like seven straight. had my recap all ready then got a few calls and the damn site timed me out, lost the whole post. i'll update it tomorrow.
OU isn't a fraud, Mizzou was just better yesterday. Mizzou hadn't beaten OU in like what? forever? same with Iowa St, something like seven straight. had my recap all ready then got a few calls and the damn site timed me out, lost the whole post. i'll update it tomorrow. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Change fraud to overrated. OU was overrated. Would have liked to have seen if the Sooners would have gotten jumped by Auburn after Air Force, Cincinnati and Texas all lost this weekend.
Change fraud to overrated. OU was overrated. Originally Posted by Wordsmith
I'll agree to that. OU's defense is what is holding them back this year.

UCLA 13 1 Oregon 60 Now that's more like it! A number 1 who gets it done! Despite being one of the best offensive teams in the country, the Ducks will eventually need to stop someone on defense.

Saturday

No. 3 Oklahoma at No. 18 Missouri, 8 p.m. - Oklahoma

OU has been tested, Mizzou has not. until Mizzou shows me a strong defense they will continue to lose to Zerou.

3 Oklahoma 27 18 Missouri 36Mizzou gets it done. Mizzou's defense did step up, OU's did not. The tone was set from the start, OU recently has not had good special teams. OU's defense has not been dominant since Stoops 2 bolted to AZ.

No. 4 TCU vs. Air Force, 8 p.m. - TCU

Air Force is capable of playing with TCU. for about 30 minutes. At home TCU will start strong and pull away from the falcons.

Air Force 7 4 TCU 38TCU made a good Air Force team look bad, but strong teams on a mission usually do. Da Froggies continue to roll.

No. 5 Auburn vs. No. 6 LSU, 3:30 p.m. - LSU

This is a tough one to call. Lester has more lives than my fat old cat! he'll pull a rabbit out of his hat and somehow take down Aubie.

6 LSU 17 5 Auburn 24Went all in with Lester. No rabbit out of the hat this time, Mikey. Newton had a monster game, if he continues this level of play he'll be in New York as a serious contender for the big statue.

No. 7 Alabama at Tennessee, 7 p.m. - Alabama

The Tide needs a win here. The other UT isn't ready for the big leagues just yet. Bama needs a strong game to show the voters they are still a contender.

7 Alabama 41 Tennessee 10The Tide is back, this week at least. Still, Bama has a weakness, their QB is good but not great, stop the run and Bama can be beaten.

No. 8 Michigan State at Northwestern, Noon. - Michigan State

Sparty is rollin' and could take the Big Ten. Northwestern has struggled to put away lessor teams so 5-1 record is suspect. Sparty rolls.

8 Michigan St 35 Northwestern 27Sparty shows some moxie to pull this one out, the magic season continues in East Lansing. Sparty has a big test at Iowa next week but they control their own destiny if they win out it's Roses (or more) for Sparty.

No. 9 Utah vs. Colorado State, 6 p.m. - Utah

Utes are way too talented for the Rams. this one will be over by halftime, Utes roll easy on their way to a showdown with TCU.

Colorado St 6 9 Utah 59Utes roll. They are a monster on offense, but a big test looms with a Froggies, defense will decide it.

No. 10 Wisconsin at No. 13 Iowa, 3:30 p.m. - Wisconsin

Badgers will win this game not on offense but on defense, not impressed with Iowa offense and QB Stanzi so Bucky Badger struts again to another win.

10 Wisconsin 31 13 Iowa 30Badgers chew up Capt. Kirk. this was one of the best games of the day, two highly ranked teams. Unfortunately for Bucky Badger, Sparty already beat ya so you need help.

No. 11 Ohio State vs. Purdue, Noon. - Ohio State

Buckeyes absolutely need a win to stay in the hunt. loss to Badgers was not really Pryor's fault but he needs strong game early to take away any chance for an upset.

Purdue 0 11 Ohio St 49Buckeye's get back on track. Pryor had great stats, except for one item. 2 INT's. watch those turnovers big guy.

No. 12 Stanford vs. Washington State, 5 p.m. - Stanford

goin' all in with Harbaugh. W St. is bad, Stanford is good. This won't even be close.

Wash St 28 12 Stanford 38Harbaugh rolls. this game was not as close as the final score seems, Cardinal up 31-7 after 3.

No. 14 Nebraska at No. 17 Oklahoma State, 3:30 p.m. - Oklahoma State

sorry Judge, going against the majority here, bugeaters can't contain Blackmon he'll have a big day and cptjohnstone gets the win (and a post-victory bj from his babe)

14 Nebraska 51 17 Okla St 41Sorry cptjohnstone, the Judge got out the 'ol Billy Barou on ya. Bo knows offense this week, as a passing team no less. Who knew?

No. 15 Arizona vs. Washington, 10:15 p.m. - Arizona

Not big on Locker, he'll need a huge game to take down Stoops 2 in his house. Not this time, Stoops 2 gets the win.

Washington 14 15 Arizona 44Which Stoops misses the other more? Not Stoops 2 today. He rolls over a bad Husky team.

No. 19 South Carolina at Vanderbilt, 7 p.m. - South Carolina

goin' all in with Steve Superior. Vandy is .. Vandy. S Carolina needs a win and the 'ol ball coach works the magic when he needs it.

19 S Carolina 21 Vanderbilt 7Carolina keeps it's chances to win SEC East alive, did not miss Lattimore but this is .. Vandy.

No. 20 West Virginia vs. Syracuse, Noon. - West Virginia

Syracuse is improved but not up to this one, Stewy gets another strong win in his house.

Syracuse 19 20 W Virginia 14Stewy, ya gotta win in yer house! Repeat after me .. "We must protect this house!"

No. 21 Arkansas vs. Mississippi, 12:21 p.m. - Arkansas

Boss Hogg rebounds with a win. too much offense for 'Ole Miss and i hate Houston Yer Nutts. Boss Hogg kicks you in yer Nutts, Ole Miss. Hey Masoli bet you wish you were still a rubber duckie!

Mississippi 24 21 Arkansas 38Boss Hogg kicks Houston's Nutts! Nuff said.

No. 22 Texas vs. Iowa State, Noon. - Texas

UT needs more improvement on offense and Iowa St. should prove a good tune-up for my Horns.

Iowa St 28 22 Texas 21Ain't no way to put lipstick on this pig, 'cause it's still a pig. some are already comparing Gilbert Grape to .. Chris Simms. Not true .. yet. We'll know next year.

No. 23 Virginia Tech vs. Duke, Noon. - Virginia Tech

Beamer continues to recover from the JM disaster. told ya Va Tech would be ranked again. Va Tech will contend for the ACC title.

Duke 7 23 VA Tech 44Beamer ball. Va Tech will win the ACC. told ya they'd rebound and be ranked after the JM disaster but once again Va Tech has to wonder what might have been.

No. 24 Mississippi State vs. UAB, 7 p.m. - Mississippi State

if Miss St. can take down Florida in the swamp they damn sure better beat a bad UAB team at home. no letdowns now!

UAB 24 24 Miss St 29Not exactly a big showing against a middling UAB team but a win after taking out Florida is all that State needed and they get it.

No. 25 Miami vs. North Carolina, 7:30 p.m. - Miami

Canes could get a test here, Butch would love to beat his old team but I'll take the Canes at home.

UNC 10 25 Miami (FL) 33Canes flash some of the old magic, are the glory days back? Nope. not sold on Shannon. good perhaps but not Canes of old.
Okla St tries to take away the run and force children of the corn to beat them throwing, so they do. Blackmon is impressive. Okla St qb although old is not good.

Everyone beating Horn but the corn childern

CPT quiet to date. Having said that, if you beat horn like everyone else and win bedlam, its rematch time in Jerry's world.

Nebr break your heart and break your unbeaten streak gets another shot this week. Mizzou will be tough but home field a slight edge along with special teams edge.
Okla St tries to take away the run and force children of the corn to beat them throwing, so they do. Blackmon is impressive. Okla St qb although old is not good.

Everyone beating Horn but the corn childern

CPT quiet to date. Having said that, if you beat horn like everyone else and win bedlam, its rematch time in Jerry's world.

Nebr break your heart and break your unbeaten streak gets another shot this week. Mizzou will be tough but home field a slight edge along with special teams edge. Originally Posted by Judge Smails
yea, NU is NOT one-dimensional!!! If you could why did you not throw against UT?
OSU QB not good? he was like 2nd or 3rd in the nation in pass eff, he has had better games BUT that being said, my team racked up 495 yards against the best defense in the nation and yes you could see us again

Now for "feel good story"

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...69&archive=yes

these folks tailgate next to us and his real mom did make it to the game.(3rd from the left)
The tall black guy dressed in black is Robert Turner, he was blocking back for Barry Sanders that I ran into at my new barber shop. Orie Lemon did come by latter and I got to meet him
yea, NU is NOT one-dimensional!!! If you could why did you not throw against UT? Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
They did, they just dropped 'em all that day.

Children of the Corn. catchy nickname, didn't they make a few movies?

Bo Pelini as Diehl ("The Old Man")
Carl Pelini as Isaac Chroner
Taylor Martinez as Malachai Boardman
Tom Osbourne as Richard 'Amos' Deigan

Great story CPT.....Orie is indeed a special player. I believe he is one of the reasons / cause of the unexpected (my me anyway) OSU success this year.

Looking forward to the game in Austin this weekend. I was there two years ago when State came up just short in a shootout between Zac and Colt. Really nice campus / stadium and the people were very nice. Of course they've 'owned' OSU thru the years.....