Thanksgiving dishes to share

Well we all know that Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and we all love to eat those good meals that everybody brings to the table. Lets all tell each other are favorite Thanksgiving meal and how to prepare it so we can all have some really good and new meals to bring to our families at Thanksgiving time.

Gobble, Gobble, Everybody.
Smked Beef tenderloin, butter and lemon braised asparagus, twice baked potatoes, spinach and artichoke salad, pumpkin pie cheesecake. I better start shopping!
My favorite

I have the task of bringing a dessert this year to the family dinner. Any good ideas outside of the traditional pumpkin pie, etc?
Pecan pie, you can't go wrong with that.
Pecan pie, you can't go wrong with that. Originally Posted by Tara Evans
Pecan Pie ala Tara Evans!

MMMMMM, sounds delightful!
These potatoes are awesome and easy to make ahead. Thus the name.

Make-ahead mashed potatoes
8 large potatoes
8 0z cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sour cream boil and mash potatoes...mix in cream cheese, butter,
sour cream and salt and pepper....
put into 2-3 quart greased serving dish...top with some butter
pats...cover and store in fridge for up to 3 days...
sprinkle with paprika and bake uncovered at 350 for about 40 minutes..
10-12 servings.
Sorry Tara didn't want to hi-jack your thread, but being you are included I figured it would be OK

Of Course this wouldn't be a meal to be shared with your Families, LOL Although the males would surely enjoy, some of the females might indulge, but this would be clearly be for ME (being Single).

Those with SOs feel free to drool if you like!!

Appetizers to get my appetite started

Sexy Ashden
Channell
MacyDay

Main Course served Hot and Steamy

Pet-My-Kitty /seasoned with Makenzee Ryder
BabyDollSnow
Miss Tiffany
Tara Evans
Olivia
Traci Brooks

Providing the Fresh Hot Gravy for the Main Course (served as needed)

Anova444
Princess Laeya

Dessert

Pet-My-Kitty ( a very sweet creamy dessert)
Tara Evans (as per this thread covered in Pecan Pie, of course with Cool Whip)
Dragonfly (very sweet strawberries & cream pic in showcase)
Kayleehotchick (communication was very sweet)
Sunny Jackson (chocolate syrup & M&M pics in showcase)
MacyDay (just all around SWEET)

Now that would make the Feast of all Feasts, Feel free to add any tasty meals I may have missed!!!

Of course it will probably take a 18 wheeler tow truck to drag me from the table!!!
And require a very sturdy LARGE Table
And the house to be locked tight as I wouldn't want any leftovers to get away, LOL

Now with that VISUAL IN MIND, I return you to your normal channels
  • Aflac
  • 11-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Pumpkin Cake Roll. ATF holiday dessert.

http://southernfood.about.com/od/pumpkins/r/blbb465.htm
I have the task of bringing a dessert this year to the family dinner. Any good ideas outside of the traditional pumpkin pie, etc? Originally Posted by travelling_man
Rum bread pudding, Tiramisu, or Creme Brulee are a few of my favorites!
Pumpkin Cake Roll. ATF holiday dessert.

http://southernfood.about.com/od/pumpkins/r/blbb465.htm Originally Posted by aflac
Wow, I love anything that has to do with pumpkin, looks great.
in particular pics 17, 18 and 21 i can only imagine what it would be like to spend a portion of turkey day feasting between those thighs with football on as background noise. you texas boys should get down on your hands and knees and be thankfull for women this beatiful in texas. you guys keep the yams, wings, stuffing and pecan pie just give me extra servings of Tara Evan's thighs and breast and im doing just fine
Dont forget the Whip creme on my inner thighs.
Sorry Tara didn't want to hi-jack your thread, but being you are included I figured it would be OK

....most excellent thanksgiving SPREAD listed and detailed...
Originally Posted by Rcoop361
rcoop, now that is what i call thinking outside the shake 'n bake and stove top stuffing box!!!!!

do i get spanked if i have sampled some of those delicious items before thanksgiving??
on a related note, as many of us have plenty to give thanks for...

who is interested in either help to collect funds and/or foods for any of the many thanksgiving dinners being offered to homeless, unemployed, or under-employed families in our area?? i think lovingKayla has done this in years past.

there was an article on Channel 8 News at 6pm about an event that was held today at Fair Park [couldnt find a link on their website]. over 8,000 people attended; 1,500 people volunteered to help.

surely we can find one or more events in our communities so that we can give back and provide something.