Market for office rental by day/half-day/hour?

In a perfect world, the other two guys in the office wouldn't be here, and I could test out the market for a bodyrub place in downtown Fort Worth.

But maybe I can do the next-best thing. I have nine offices in my suite in a Class B office building that aren't being used. Some can accommodate two people easily; others are more suited to one. We have desktop and laptop computers, glass-top desks (no drawers), telephones, Internet, a rudimentary kitchen, and a conference room.

I'm wondering if there's a way to monetize this excess space by offering it up to people who need a place to park themselves in a work environment for a few days, a day, or less.

Technically, we can't sublease, but building management would never know, as we're a business that routinely employs contractors for short-term projects, some of whom visit the office on an infrequent basis.

So, three questions to get started:
Is there a market for such an endeavor?
If so, how do I make the market aware of this opportunity?
Finally, I have no idea how much to charge. Anything I can get from unused space is gravy, so I can be extremely accommodating. Any thoughts?

PMs welcome, too.
Muffin SHOT you!!!

with a PM, SL
I guess there's a need for it. I hear this place advertised on the radio all the time.

http://www.meridianoffices.com/?gcli...FSNp7Aodmh0A2A
$18 psf. depending on the buliding.Go monthy. No day Bs, you'll pull your hair out. Totally feasible. It's going on all over Dallas in many office buildings every month. If you are technically not allowed to sublease, then don't write a lease. Just get the first months rent up front on the first and make sure the tenant understands that if they leave before thirty days there's no pro rating ie.,refund. Re-new month to month. Up to you whether you want to paper the terms with the tenant. Pros and cons on that.

As far as marketing, throw it up on Ecciie, BP or even(cringe) Craigs. You would want to be careful on how you craft that exact wording obviously(i would not use the words "body rub" per se for example), and of course you will get some shall we say non credit tenants that you will have to vet/interview/ separate the wheat from the chaff. Go for the independents that have the cash for the first month that aren't on drugs. Oh and as the landlord, dont mix business with pleasure my friend. It just fucks up the whole scene i just drew up.Good Luck!
$18 psf. depending on the buliding.Go monthy. No day Bs, you'll pull your hair out. Totally feasible. It's going on all over Dallas in many office buildings every month. If you are technically not allowed to sublease, then don't write a lease. Just get the first months rent up front on the first and make sure the tenant understands that if they leave before thirty days there's no pro rating ie.,refund. Re-new month to month. Up to you whether you want to paper the terms with the tenant. Pros and cons on that.

As far as marketing, throw it up on Ecciie, BP or even(cringe) Craigs. You would want to be careful on how you craft that exact wording obviously(i would not use the words "body rub" per se for example), and of course you will get some shall we say non credit tenants that you will have to vet/interview/ separate the wheat from the chaff. Go for the independents that have the cash for the first month that aren't on drugs. Oh and as the landlord, dont mix business with pleasure my friend. It just fucks up the whole scene i just drew up.Good Luck! Originally Posted by ftango4
Thanks. One note: I wasn't thinking of bodyrubbers or providers -- unless they're open to working downtown only on Fridays, when there's no one else in the office.

I'm thinking of someone, maybe someone in town on business, or someone in town who needs space for a day or two or three or 30 -- someone for whom working at home isn't feasible.
n a perfect world, the other two guys in the office wouldn't be here, and I could test out the market for a bodyrub place in downtown Fort Worth.

thanks. One note: I wasn't thinking of bodyrubbers or providers -- unless they're open to working downtown only on Fridays, when there's no one else in the office.

you need to decide if its body rubbers or someone in town for business,or someone in town that needs space for a day or two....

ok, well i think i have taken you as far as I can on this topic. good luck to you sir.
I did:
But maybe I can do the next-best thing. I have nine offices in my suite in a Class B office building that aren't being used. Some can accommodate two people easily; others are more suited to one. We have desktop and laptop computers, glass-top desks (no drawers), telephones, Internet, a rudimentary kitchen, and a conference room.

I'm wondering if there's a way to monetize this excess space by offering it up to people who need a place to park themselves in a work environment for a few days, a day, or less.
I thought that made it pretty clear that I was looking for "legitimate" options.
been involved in this shit since junior high and whether you do your deals with body rubbers or law firms, the day or week lease is a poor biz model. it would drive anybody nuts. One month minimum. Trust me amigo. Been there many times. Just do the math dude. That's all I have on this for now. Have to gp. good luck!
Hey OP, I thought I could get someone to your office earlier but it was a fail...
I did:

I thought that made it pretty clear that I was looking for "legitimate" options. Originally Posted by Sir Lancehernot
Sorry I misunderstood.
Regus makes a living doing this. For $100 a month you get 2 days of "real" office time. Internet, phone, copy/print service, a clean kitchen with cable TV, access to a posh conference room. Great for virtual office types who need someplace tangible to meet clients. In DT FTW you should reach out to the lawyers and others around the courthouse who might need local space...or fuck that reach out to Rahr and get that kitchen kegged up and offer "tastings" and a place to crash.