Rolling Stones in Houston

In concert this weekend. Hard to believe..
In concert this weekend. Hard to believe.. Originally Posted by VitaMan
Hard to believe I saw them in 1981 in the Astrodome. Time for my nap.
Hard to believe I saw them in 1981 in the Astrodome. Time for my nap. Originally Posted by Michael8219
They were a "seasoned" Band in 1981!

ZZ Top opened that show, they're still kicking, too, both bands lost a member to the Grim Reaper the past couple of years.

Anyone who goes tonight, please write a thorough review. Maybe the Mods will bless you with 6 weeks of PA 😁
I saw them twice in '81 (Tattoo You tour). Pontiac Silverdome in Michigan and again 10 days later in Lexington, KY.

Warmed up by Santana. Prior to Santana, Iggy Pop.
It was 20 years ago today....
Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play.

.....make that 60
My friends went in 1981 (Astrodome). I had to work. They told me to take a vacation day because (paraphrasing here) "they may never come back. We don't know how long they will be together and performing." hahahahahahahahahaha
I saw them in the mid 70's at the Fabulous Forum in Los Angeles. Who would have ever thought they would still be touring now.
Back in the 80s they used to show up at a local bar and play.

At that time I was living in a small town-Bend Oregon. I wasn't there, but that made big news in the local paper.
What did, or does, anyone get out of the huge stadium concerts ?

I saw a clip of the Beatles after Shea Stadium. John Lennon said it was supposed to be
about the music. I think that was the last stadium concert they did, maybe their last touring performance.
For the fans of 70's music, Electric Light Orchestra will be here in late September at the Toyota center. Farewell tour.