TV shows

TNT has a really good show I started watching called Good Intentions. Michelle Dockery is pretty hot. She reminds me a little of Serenity.
Shows I've been watching recently:

Preacher
The Defenders
Prison Break
Game of Thrones
Twin Peaks
Sherlock
This is my kind of thread!
Game of Thrones is definitely number 1!
Sons of Anarchy was good
Stranger Things
Vikings
Ballers
Billions
Red Oaks
The Office (US)
If you're into adult cartoons, Rick and Morty is my ATF under GOT.
I don't have much in the way of current shows I watch... Primarily Real Time with Bill Maher (yes, he can be an asshole, but he's a hilarious asshole), Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, and when it's in season Archer (though the last season, Archer Dreamland, was a bit of a disappointment).

I'm looking forward to The Orville (Seth McFarlane's Star Trek "parody") and the animated Deadpool series that's coming to FXX one of these days. Surprisingly to some friends who know how much of a Trekkie I am, I'm not really looking forward to Star Trek: Discovery; CBS's decision to put that exclusively on their pay-to-view All Access streaming service left a bad taste in my mouth. I may watch the premiere (which will be broadcast on the CBS network), and if it seems any good I will wait patiently for Discovery to get to one of streaming services I'm already paying for (Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime Video), and if it doesn't, I doubt that I'll miss it.

Otherwise, I've been concentrating on the TV of my past; recent viewing I've done: Danger Man (the show which aired in the US under the title Secret Agent, starring Patrick McGoohan), The Rockford Files, Blackadder (all four series), Boston Legal ("Denny Crane!", "The name of this firm is Crane, Poole, and Schmidt. I'm Schmidt."), Star Trek (the original series, mostly), and The Twilight Zone.

Cheers,

bcg
Almost time for the new season of American Horror Story (AHS:Cult). Sept 5 I believe. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with this time.
I don't have much in the way of current shows I watch... Primarily Real Time with Bill Maher (yes, he can be an asshole, but he's a hilarious asshole), Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, and when it's in season Archer (though the last season, Archer Dreamland, was a bit of a disappointment).

I'm looking forward to The Orville (Seth McFarlane's Star Trek "parody") and the animated Deadpool series that's coming to FXX one of these days. Surprisingly to some friends who know how much of a Trekkie I am, I'm not really looking forward to Star Trek: Discovery; CBS's decision to put that exclusively on their pay-to-view All Access streaming service left a bad taste in my mouth. I may watch the premiere (which will be broadcast on the CBS network), and if it seems any good I will wait patiently for Discovery to get to one of streaming services I'm already paying for (Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime Video), and if it doesn't, I doubt that I'll miss it.

Otherwise, I've been concentrating on the TV of my past; recent viewing I've done: Danger Man (the show which aired in the US under the title Secret Agent, starring Patrick McGoohan), The Rockford Files, Blackadder (all four series), Boston Legal ("Denny Crane!", "The name of this firm is Crane, Poole, and Schmidt. I'm Schmidt."), Star Trek (the original series, mostly), and The Twilight Zone.

Cheers,

bcg Originally Posted by bluffcityguy
Love Blackadder. I'm particularly fond of series 2.

I tell people at work I have a cunning plan quite often and they have no idea
what I'm talking about.
Almost time for the new season of American Horror Story (AHS:Cult). Sept 5 I believe. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with this time. Originally Posted by SpankyJ
I miss getting excited for AHS every year. The last two seasons were very disappointing for me an I'm not sure where they can really go from there? It hasn't been quite the same since the Lange left.

I've been watching more movies than anything lately, but have been binging Curb Your Enthusiasm. Larry David is one of my ATF! Some I Love Lucy... I also caught an older episode of Louie on FX the other night and got to laugh my ass off.
Love Blackadder. I'm particularly fond of series 2. Originally Posted by SpankyJ
I suspect if I had to rank Blackadders, I'd have an impossible time trying to decide between the third and fourth series as my favorite (basically, Hugh Laurie is superb in both). Perhaps I'd rank the fourth series just a hair higher, because of it having Stephen Fry as well; his mad-as-a-hatter General Melchett is a joy to watch.

I tell people at work I have a cunning plan quite often and they have no idea
what I'm talking about. Originally Posted by SpankyJ
I once got strange looks when I told some people "I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel."

Mentioning Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie there, I'd be amiss if I didn't mention that they were long time collaborators (both started working together as students at Cambridge), and there are two series they did together that are worth looking for. A Bit of Fry and Laurie is basically the two of them doing sketch comedy together, while Jeeves and Wooster is a hilarious adaptation of the P.G. Wodehouse stories about dimwited wealthy twit Bertie Wooster (Laurie) and his brilliant valet Reginald Jeeves (Fry).

Cheers,

bcg
Currently watching Preacher, The Walking Dead(need to renew my subscription to the graphic novels), Stranger Things and The Ranch.
Shows I am currently Watching..
Game of Thrones
The Walking Dead
Prison Break
Shows currently watching or just finished watching recently

#1 ozark(netflix)..a bit breaking baddish(which i loved)..but good in its own right

#2 orange is the new black
#3. The ranch
#4. Also enjoy masterchef, f word, hells kitchen.
#5 wentworth

Some all time faves

Sons of anarchy
Lost
Breaking bad
Dexter
Of course walking dead
Big bang theory

Just to name a few
If you want a real mind bending show, Westworld is amazing.
I have had my eye on it..but just havent pulled the trigger..heard great things about it..prrhaps i need to give it a go

If you want a real mind bending show, Westworld is amazing. Originally Posted by Paulll
I have had my eye on it..but just havent pulled the trigger..heard great things about it..prrhaps i need to give it a go Originally Posted by BBWDeAnna
You should! It's definitely one you have to pay attention to and kind of think about, if that makes sense. But such a good show!
Does anyone watch the anthology series Black Mirror on Netflix? Like all anthologies it can be hit and miss but when it's good, it's really good, especially if you like shows that are extremely dark.

Standout episodes to me were "White Bear", "White Christmas", "Shut Up and Dance", and "San Junipero", but almost all of the episodes are worth a watch.