Anyone know a Mom & Pop - Will pass anyone car inspection place in DFW?

Yes,

I am having a couple of problems getting my car inspected and need to find a place that will pass anyone. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Fet
Try "Quick Sticker Stop" on Webb Chapel just north of Royal.

I think they will make you get headlights, brakelights, and windshield wipers but overlook the rest.

As always YMMV.
Thanks Blue,

It is a sensor issue, Headlights / wipers / brake lights are all good. So I will give them a shot!

Any other suggestions, good to have a couple of options... We all know Plan A, B, etc...
Why not just fix it?
If I knew what it is, I would. Been trying to find it, The answer I am getting is "Drive More". 3 sensors are not registering, but they are not showing bad either, just not ready. Don't want to replace all the systems those point to, as I do not think they are bad. Last check of the car at a shop did not show them bad. So I am stumped. I need more info to get them to reset and have been searching online blogs and other sources, but no answer yet. I disconnected battery to fix an ignition problem and it caused 6 sensors to error, now down to 3 after 500 miles.

I know, long winded response to a simple question.

Fet
I feel your pain.
I had the same issue with my Range Rover. A sensor would fail it and Rover wanted $450 for a sensor that didn't affect how the RR drove. They passed me. That was 3 years ago.
If you come over to Fort Worth there are several "No Pass, No Pay" shops on East Lancaster. I'm pretty sure they'll pass any car with brakes and lights.
Thanks, Try... That is not too far for me....

Will go take a cruise.

FET
  • ~Ze~
  • 10-08-2012, 02:54 PM
See if you can get auto zone to reset your computer/alerts... then take it over to an inspection place.. I had an O2 sensor issue and they cleared the alert, and it passed inspection with no issues.
See if you can get auto zone to reset your computer/alerts... then take it over to an inspection place.. I had an O2 sensor issue and they cleared the alert, and it passed inspection with no issues. Originally Posted by ~Ze~
Ze, were you a mechanic in a past life?

I was going to suggest a similar approach.
Hit AZ or O'reilly's and ask them to read the codes, write them down and then reset the can and drive around a bit and see if it comes back. I had an issue with the check engine light and it was a wire that had a bare spot, it was hitting the frame occasionally and grounding it out. It made me nuts looking for it.
The problem with clearing codes is that it sometimes resets some of the sensors and it won't pass if they don't have enough data.
If you clear the codes and immediately go to a shop for inspection, you are most likely to fail. The machines are reading the data from the car. The sensors will read not ready and therefore will fail an inspection.
You don't need to go to autozone to clear codes as some will balk at doing it anyway. Disconnect the positive cable from the battery and ground it. This will discharge all capacitors and thereby erasing memory. But you will have to drive through several "cycles" to get all sensors to relearn.
Fw but it will cost 100. Was 80 last year. If you decide pm me and I can meet you. He knows me so I will say your my friend. Or you could do what cheater says