Clockwork Angels: Best Rush album in over 20 years!!!

I have not followed Rush since vapor Trails came out. It totally turned me off of them. Of course, i would still listen to anything before that because they are still my favorite band.

I did not dislike Snaked and Arrows but it still was not what I was hoping for and again I was really dismayed with Vapor Trails.

But now, there new Album, Clockwork Angels, it is just FANTASTIC and it is back to that Progressive Hard Rock Rush that I love.

So if any of you are Rush fans, I highly recommend Clockwork Angels
Its probably the only Rush album in 20 years.
I like CA . Its definetly better then SnA. Rush is big time now . They finally got on the RRHOF ballot . I've been a fan since about 1983. I am glad they are finally getting the recoginition they deserve . The only complaint I have is Alex' playing has cooled in recent years which is O.K. He definetly has nothing to prove. There is NO BETTER live band touring today .
The only complaint I have is Alex' playing has cooled in recent years which is O.K. Originally Posted by Fantom
Really, some of those solos on CA are incredible albeit a little subdued compared to 70's Alex.
We are all more subdued than the 70s version.
I play guitar not as well as Alex but I know how hard it is to keep the ole fiingers moving . I can't imagine what it is like to play all those concerts for three hours . I can imagine he feels a little numb afterward . What I was referring to was not a lack of technical ability. I was refferring to since VT he seems to be a more discordant player . When before he used sweeping clean chordes fills and riffs .Now he plays a lot more power chords . Its really hard to explain and I knew I was gonna have trouble explaining it . I know they want to go back to the sound that made them famous and I am ok with that . I am just saying I was a huge fan of his playing from that earlier era. Also I am a fan of their most maligned era the synth era . I think The Big Money is one of their best songs. I still listen to it to this day . To me that is classic Rush . I know its blasphemy to say so but that is how I feel .
I knew what you meant. Dexterity can leave us and personal tastes change. Maybe he just changed a bit.
I play guitar not as well as Alex but I know how hard it is to keep the ole fiingers moving . I can't imagine what it is like to play all those concerts for three hours . I can imagine he feels a little numb afterward . What I was referring to was not a lack of technical ability. I was refferring to since VT he seems to be a more discordant player . When before he used sweeping clean chordes fills and riffs .Now he plays a lot more power chords . Its really hard to explain and I knew I was gonna have trouble explaining it . I know they want to go back to the sound that made them famous and I am ok with that . I am just saying I was a huge fan of his playing from that earlier era. Also I am a fan of their most maligned era the synth era . I think The Big Money is one of their best songs. I still listen to it to this day . To me that is classic Rush . I know its blasphemy to say so but that is how I feel . Originally Posted by Fantom
No, that is not Blasphemy at all. Grace Under Pressure and Power Windows are some of my favorite albums
I love music it just does something to the soul...
Hmmm, checking it out now. Looks like something is going to get deleted off my SD card to make room for it.

If it's too loud, then you're too old....
yeah, I have not listened to an album back to back in a long time. I would love to go see them in Nov at AA but should have bought tickets months ago..only thing left is nosebleed fro 80+.

Still might do it anyway. I have been to several Rush concerts and they NEVER dissapoint. I remember the Test for Echo concert and they played the entire 2112!!!
I don't think the wife would approve It's OK, I have to work anyway.
Thanks for the headsup..... Huge fan of "the professor" ... Still the best rock drummer today IMHO....
So that's why they're using the Rush song in the VW commercials! Good to know...

Looove's me some Geddy Lee!