the TSA.. Thoughts and Opinions?

the question is inherently political, hence my posting here. I'll start..

I do not fly often, but 75% of my flights have involved "hiccups", either with me or a fellow passenger. stupid, unnecessary shit. from low-class, un-educated TSA "Agents", who have been granted a measure of authority, by reason of employment.

I think TSA screeners are part of a bloated bureaucracy, they do not "keep us safe".. they are smoke and mirrors bullshit, a design to look like the Government is attempting to right the failures of 9-11, when they completely fell asleep at the switch. like if Israel banned ovens after WW2, to make certain a Holocaust never happens again. extreme overkill. a simple metal detector, like Ball Parks and Concert Venues utilize, would be enough.. a TSA screener dubs you a Terrorist until you convince him otherwise. white, 85 year-old women in wheelchairs are screened as heavily as bearded 25 year old Muslim men. the whole system is insane.

your turn. please feel free to disagree. surely I'm a minority opinion? the Sheeple I see in the TSA lines don't seem to complain. they remind me of Slaves that made it to the Master's porch.. "yes, Suh, no Suh.. what ever you say, Suh"..
  • RK2
  • 07-30-2019, 12:36 PM
TSA Precheck 100%
My sentiments exactly. I fly at least once a year. I would say most of them couldn't get accepted into a Police Academy so they get hired by the Government. I find agents to behave differently depending on the Airport, O'Hara probably one of the worse.
Tell me again Chung why you hate President Trump and his desire to drain the swamp? I've must have missed something.
  • oeb11
  • 07-30-2019, 01:41 PM
Their screening is done that way to prevent charges of "Profiling"!!!
Ridiculous political policy!
Tell me again Chung why you hate President Trump and his desire to drain the swamp? I've must have missed something. Originally Posted by gnadfly
I don't hate Trump, and I voted for him. may do so again. I call him out when it is deserved. some of his swamp-draining has been good, other times he replaced the Swamp with his own Alligators.

what I do hate, is threadcrapping. do you have a TSA opinion? or are you satisfied with the current system, and therefore have nothing to say?

Their screening is done that way to prevent charges of "Profiling"!!!
Ridiculous political policy! Originally Posted by oeb11
ridiculous indeed! we should do like Israel. PROFILE! under 40 year old Muslim men with beards.. that would solve almost all potential problems.
  • oeb11
  • 07-30-2019, 02:01 PM
Anti-profiling is done to avoid the "Race-baiting" lawyers and lawsuits of plaintiffs looking for a handout.
I hate taking my shoes off. So I wear clogs when I fly.

Fuckin Shoe Bomber
I have a Filipino friend, born in USA, said he use to get profiled by TSA after 9/11.
I hate taking my shoes off. So I wear clogs when I fly.

Fuckin Shoe Bomber Originally Posted by bambino
funny.. but you realize that doesn't work in reality? I saw a young girl get barked at by a TSA "screener", he said "young lady, how old are you"? like he had encountered a bearded Muslim. Son-of-a-Bitch was frantic. the girl wore open sandals. it was absurd.

in case somebody doesn't know, kids under a certain age can keep their shoes on, when going through the screen machine. which is stupid. so is the TSA pre-check. you might be law-abiding one day, a Terrorist the next. nobody knows when and why these guys snap.
funny.. but you realize that doesn't work in reality? I saw a young girl get barked at by a TSA "screener", he said "young lady, how old are you"? like he had encountered a bearded Muslim. Son-of-a-Bitch was frantic. the girl wore open sandals. it was absurd.

in case somebody doesn't know, kids under a certain age can keep their shoes on, when going through the screen machine. which is stupid. so is the TSA pre-check. you might be law-abiding one day, a Terrorist the next. nobody knows when and why these guys snap. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
What doesn’t work in reality? I wear clogs when I fly. I slip them on and off. Easy Peasy.
First, note that a lot of airports have contractors, not actual TSA.

For TSA:
I went to high school with a guy that's now a TSA supervisor at a major winged bus depot.
High stress job. They find guns and other stupid stuff all the friggin time. It's their job.

Of course they profile. For the demographic that has a preponderance for past airline hijacks. IMO, they should start screening for drunks also.

I actually went through his crew Monday afternoon. He texted me afterwards and wanted to know if any had deviated from procedure. I gave him a straight answer.

Some things simply transcend political crap and it doesn't matter what lawyers bitch about.

And btw, 4 folks from my hometown and another business gal I knew all disappeared 9/11. So of course I support TSA.

I was profiled in Halifax quite a while back cause I was in scruffy mode. Just opened my wallet and it took less than a minute to clear me. My point is that it's not just the USA.

What's the big friggin deal that folks have with TSA? Would they prefer to be farm field fertilizer in Pennsylvania?
It is that simple of an issue.
What's the big friggin deal that folks have with TSA? Would they prefer to be farm field fertilizer in Pennsylvania? Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
glad to see a Supporter, finally. here is my answer.

recent incident. I walk up, hand over my boarding pass, I am carrying a small bag, but I'm trying to get my DL out at the same time.. Dude sees this. he gets my boarding pass moments before my ID.

"what's your name, Sir"! I tell him "Chung Tran, just like it says on the boarding pass.. what did you think I was going to say"? he looks at my ID, looks a bit embarrassed. "oh, I didn't have your ID yet when I asked the question".. nitwit.

it is a madhouse at the screen line, people grabbing the trays, hurling shit into them, doffing shoes, while TSA barks "do this, don't do that" shit. you go through a machine that shows you naked, while TSA folks in a private room snicker at your penis size. your wallet and phone disappear on the ramp, while you get herded away for screening.. these SOB's can steal you blind. no other place in America (maybe Prison check-in excepted), are you expected to hand over your valuables, while they disappear from your view. TSA considers you a fucking criminal until you prove otherwise. before 9-11, security was reasonable, and we NEVER had problems.. we can do that again. profile young male Muslims, and use a simple metal detector like before.

my question to you is.. why do you think TSA is valuable? they cost a shitload of money to operate, they abuse citizens. just today in Miami, 2 TSA folks were put on "leave" for placing monkeys with nooses at a TSA checkpoint. these are people you admire?

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/tsa-o...tional-airport

recent incident. I walk up, hand over my boarding pass, I am carrying a small bag, but I'm trying to get my DL out at the same time.. Dude sees this. he gets my boarding pass moments before my ID.

"what's your name, Sir"! I tell him "Chung Tran, just like it says on the boarding pass.. what did you think I was going to say"? he looks at my ID, looks a bit embarrassed. "oh, I didn't have your ID yet when I asked the question".. nitwit.

it is a madhouse at the screen line, people grabbing the trays, hurling shit into them, doffing shoes, while TSA barks "do this, don't do that" shit. you go through a machine that shows you naked, while TSA folks in a private room snicker at your penis size. your wallet and phone disappear on the ramp, while you get herded away for screening.. these SOB's can steal you blind. no other place in America (maybe Prison check-in excepted), are you expected to hand over your valuables, while they disappear from your view. TSA considers you a fucking criminal until you prove otherwise. before 9-11, security was reasonable, and we NEVER had problems.. we can do that again. profile young male Muslims, and use a simple metal detector like before.

my question to you is.. why do you think TSA is valuable? they cost a shitload of money to operate, they abuse citizens. just today in Miami, 2 TSA folks were put on "leave" for placing monkeys with nooses at a TSA checkpoint. these are people you admire?

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/tsa-o...tional-airport Originally Posted by Chung Tran
So, basically your panties are in a bunch over a TSA agent having a synapse misfire.

Can't say too much about how I know because of RW connections but, the scanners do not show you naked. Those were replaced years ago. The resulting image looks more like the sta-puff marshmallow guy with a few grey blobs showing possible hidden items.

How quickly do you think you could identify possible plastic explosives going by on the x-ray monitor ?

If you are so sharp minded and skilled, why don't you apply ? They're always hiring.

These people work some crazy fucking hours and deal with all kinds of people with a stick up their butt over one thing or another.

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/tsa-o...tional-airport Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Deal with it Chung! if you are going to fly, since the TSA became assholes there hasn't been any planes fall from the sky because some nut bag with a bomb in his underwear! try driving sometime then you only have to worry about some guy like yussp with TDS road rage