Arlington Woman Killed by Police After Dog Incident

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/08/01/...gun-loose-dog/

too many Cops Shooting the Innocent around here.. in my backyard.

"Welfare check"? he saw the lady lying in the grass. fucking Dog could have been maced or tazed.

I can only assume the Officer had little regard for the lady, as he approached. why else would he shoot so recklessly?
Looks like the doggie messed with the wrong guy
Just further deteriorates the image of police officers.
They are going to draw that weapon and squeeze that trigger.
I got charged by a dog recently and I had some hedge clippers on me that worked quite well in backing him off.

Cops are walking around today fully armored but they rip that gun out of the holster and unload, choosing the last option first.

What's next, staring down the barrel because you refused to sign the traffic ticket?
I know they have a tough job, but pepper spray really works well on dogs, so does a baton. I'm assuming the dog was not hit.
Very sad really, To much Hollywood in real life bullets don't stop even after hitting a dog wood etc We will have to find out more facts But mace stick ,, just saying
Looks like the doggie messed with the wrong guy Originally Posted by PussySnob
the Dog didn't get hit. Arlington citizens "messed with" the wrong guy, by asking the Officer who takes public money to serve and protect. this Cop shot a harmless homeless Woman, killed her.

I get loose Dogs approaching me all the time. once I had to pick up a stick to ward off a crazed Pitbull, but it worked. other times I run TOWARD the Dog, or yell at him. no mace, no stun gun. it works. this Cop can't even handle a fucking Dog as well as I can.
  • BLM69
  • 08-02-2019, 01:27 PM
Hopefully they lock up this useless cop, to think that this guy deals with the public
Cops are increasingly lawless. Nothing will improve until prosecutors and juries start sending them to prison.
I didn't see it in the article, but I'd like to know how much experience this officer had. It sure sounds to me like a lack of experience and proper training in how to handle unexpected situations. I'm beginning to wonder how many of these incidents could be avoided by pairing up young officers with experienced partners who are qualified to supervise. They probably do this already, but maybe they're sending them out alone way too soon.
Whatever happened to that woman cop in Dallas that supposedly walked into the wrong apartment?
Her trial is set for September 23rd. - Amber Guyger.
I think they begin trying to fill a jury pool earlier in the month.
Her attorneys argued for a change of venue but were not successful.
The average length of a police academy training program in the US is 19 weeks. That would be unthinkable in Europe and most of the civilized world. In Germany, the police train for 130 weeks, and the rest of the world is closer to that than to the US. We just don't conduct training nearly as thoroughly as necessary. Results in stories like this.
  • mdub
  • 08-02-2019, 05:49 PM
Sad thing is the average citizen if even attacked by three guys, defend themselves and kill one of the attackers, that person is more likely to be prosecuted than the above mentioned police officer.
Big bad cop scared of a little dog running at him. What kind of dog was it? A Sizu?
I didn't see it in the article, but I'd like to know how much experience this officer had. It sure sounds to me like a lack of experience and proper training Originally Posted by billw1032
you called it.. Rookie Officer, just completed "training" school. the bodycam was released late afternoon. the fucking Dog looked like he was greeting his "Master" who was arriving home from work. an almost jovial bark, a "I'm so glad you're home Master"! kind of bark. the Cop sees the Dog coming toward him.. "stay back" he, ahem, barks, as if the Dog is English fluent. the dog wasn't anywhere near the Cop, as shots were fired.
you called it.. Rookie Officer, just completed "training" school. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
If that's the case, then it sounds like the Training Department is in for some well-deserved scrutiny. Or at least, it should be. Also, the department's supervision policy should be looked at.