fireyjade's thread on the big board

• CSI
  • 12-11-2009, 12:38 AM
Please read fieryjade's thread on co-ed section on the big board. She's pretty angry.

CSI

PS Sorry I missed spelled her handle in the title.
Grief is displayed in different ways, as I'm sorry for her loss of a daughter I'm also shocked at her attitude toward those that spent many unpaid hours working to support the site that provided Amber a income.
I feel for her loss, but a lot of members of the 'other' board never knew of her at all until the mention of her death.

However, the site costs for BCD access and when you charge for a service, you are considered a business. So the threat to shut the site down comes as a great shock. I understand she's upset and she has the right to be, but maybe she should direct her anger at those who knew her daughter.

Probably get flammed for this buteveryone has a right to express themselves as she has shown.
Especially Deuce's comments toward end about actions/directions -

http://www.aspd.net/showthread.php?threadid=485623
Especially Deuce's comments toward end about actions/directions -

http://www.aspd.net/showthread.php?threadid=485623 Originally Posted by Magnetron
Especially when she then stated she was going to do everything she could to save ASPD. I think this was just a damage control attempt. I have already cancelled the next payment for ASPD for myself and will not stop by anymore after my BCD access is done.

Hoping to make EECIE.NET my new home!
I have to agree that although Fireyjade is distressed as anyone would be, it was a business and the vast majority of ASPD members have no idea who Amber was, what she did or even where she fit in... until now. And they certainly did not know of her illness.
Not being an ASPD insider, I would like to know about the Duece Bigelow situation. But that probably will remain unknown.

Tom
  • Mokoa
  • 12-11-2009, 06:17 PM
It was a post driven by pure emotion. I understand where it came from.

However...

Some will think of it as a selfish rant that will do nothing but tarnish her daughter's memory.
We will probably never know the INs and OUTs of either side. There are always three sides to every story... His side, her side and the truth... I'm just saying...
  • xtrem
  • 12-11-2009, 09:49 PM
I have to agree that although Fireyjade is distressed as anyone would be, it was a business and the vast majority of ASPD members have no idea who Amber was, what she did or even where she fit in... until now. And they certainly did not know of her illness.
Not being an ASPD insider, I would like to know about the Duece Bigelow situation. But that probably will remain unknown.

Tom Originally Posted by bigtom62
Perfect observation.... Most of us didn't know who Amber was.
To read about much of the early days of ASPD, go find Deuce's blog and enjoy. MUCH of the early story and much of the back story truth is contained in his posts on that blog.

I'll see if i can find the URL. It IS linked on Chevalier's blog if you have that link handy.
To read about much of the early days of ASPD, go find Deuce's blog and enjoy. MUCH of the early story and much of the back story truth is contained in his posts on that blog.

I'll see if i can find the URL. It IS linked on Chevalier's blog if you have that link handy. Originally Posted by LazurusLong
Keep in mind that much of what Deuce posted in his blog is from the Dallas side of the house, not Houston, which is a significant distinction. However, his posts on Amber and the other players is relevant regardless of location.

Here is Deuce's blog:
http://bigalow.wordpress.com/

Here is Chevalier's blog:
http://chevalierdallas.wordpress.com/
I just want to state that I'm very pleased to be a member of ECCIE, where the admins don't berate the members and threaten to close the site because they're unable to calmly take criticism of their leadership styles.

Thanks, y'all.
  • Mokoa
  • 12-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Here you go...

Deuce's Blog
There is a couple new posts in the Houston forum area.

New enforcement and directives on avatars and rules for signature lines for the ladies.

There is also one posted by Deuce that comes directly from jade about the future of ASPD and how things WILL be done immediately.

I suggest anyone who is on ASPD go to Houston and read the new stickied threads.

They are important and will be making an impact not just there but also on other boards.
The Avatar Police just got me and told me to remove it. Spending less and less time there and more here.