At night, there is nothing more mesmerizing to me than the
Memphis bridge! It might have something to do with the fact
I saw it many times growing up as my mom and I were heading home
from the Mall of Memphis.

The Peabody

The Peabody is one of the coolest hotels ever, for one reason:
they have 5 ducks that live there!

Amazing BBQ

Some of the best barbecue is in Memphis!

The Memphis Zoo

The best zoo ever! If you've ever been to a zoo better than the Memphis Zoo,
please tell me where! They have pandas, penguins, and the widest array of animals
I've seen anywhere.

The Memphis Pyramid

Although it can really blind you when the sun reflects off of it,
I absolutely love the Memphis Pyramid. You can see it from a mile away,
and it certainly has some history. You may have been to a concert or
two there

What I used to love about Memphis:

The Spaghetti Warehouse: Unfortunately it closed in 2017. It was a great Italian restaurant with very unique decor, a trolley car in the dining room you could have dinner in. The restaurant was in a warehouse of the late 19th to early 20th century.

Peabody Place: The movie theatre in Peabody Place was the nicest I've ever been to.
There was also a bowling alley and shopping there.

The Mall of Memphis ice rink
Good list, Kindall Nicole. My favorite hole in the wall restaurant is across the street from the Peabody, The Flying Fish.
Great to know you are familiar with the bridge!

Me too, some of my favorites are the 2 bridges that bring pretty ladies from Arkansas into Memphis. There used to be a weekly convoy from Little Rock.

I also love many of the hotels in Memphis, that have thick walls and lots of towels.
Good list, Kindall Nicole. My favorite hole in the wall restaurant is across the street from the Peabody, The Flying Fish. Originally Posted by yellowjack
Interesting! Never been there.
Great to know you are familiar with the bridge!

Me too, some of my favorites are the 2 bridges that bring pretty ladies from Arkansas into Memphis. There used to be a weekly convoy from Little Rock.

I also love many of the hotels in Memphis, that have thick walls and lots of towels. Originally Posted by Submodo
You are very funny and devious!
You hit many of the best aspects in your list. I'd add the availability of good live music most any night -- at least there was during normal times. Hope we get back to those times soon.
I bet B.B. King's Blues Club is an interesting place.
The great River Crossing walk across the old bridge is neat too, if you want nice views, or to dump a body, or whatever. Also on the TN side you can hang around the Channel 3 parking lot and stalk your favorite TV weather babe. Make a day of it!
BB's is a good place for music, just the right size. Another favorite on Beale is Rum Boogie. Smaller than BB's but always good sounds.
Kendall,

Maybe a trip this way is in order to reacquaint yourself with Memphis (and more of its men)!
BB's is a good place for music, just the right size. Another favorite on Beale is Rum Boogie. Smaller than BB's but always good sounds. Originally Posted by SlowHand50
I've actually never been to Beale Street! Is it safer than it was years ago?

"Maybe a trip this way is in order to reacquaint yourself with Memphis (and more of its men)!"

I don't plan on coming to Memphis. I do like places in Memphis, but it's not my favorite place to drive, and not knowing when you're in a bad of town... that happens in Memphis I don't know Memphis that well.

So the Memphians will have to come my way in Jonesboro
... I've actually never been to Beale Street! Is it safer than it was years ago? ... Originally Posted by eccieuser13
I doubt it is, the past two years have done a number on Memphis crime, and drivers. I would say if you are not comfortable with the idea of driving or being out and about here, steer clear.

I've never had trouble on Beale, but I tend to avoid going there on nights when there's a big event going on in town that draws thousands down there, like a bowl game. And I'm a guy, not an attractive woman like yourself.

I do like visiting Arkansas.
The first ever social event I hosted was in Memphis. The entire group went down to Beale Street, and we hit all the bars. Does anyone know if "Elvis Presley's is still there. Oh, the memory of Megan Love and Candy Kemp dancing seductively together on that dance floor in their short skirts still burns in my brain.
My favorite thing about Memphis is I-40 East to Nashville.
... Does anyone know if "Elvis Presley's is still there. Originally Posted by Abe Normal
I believe that club is where a Hard Rock Cafe is now located.