Traveling to ATL very soon what’s some good spots?

What areas are nice/safe to stay in?
What are some good restaurants that are irresistibly good?
Where are some good attractions like museums and stuff of that nature?
What are some good bars to meet locals?
I’ve never been to Atlanta so I’m super excited for this trip, help me out with any suggestions
Brookhaven and Buckhead - Nice, proximity of the heart of the city, without feeling like it's too 'downtown-y'.

Sandy Springs and Dunwoody - Solid areas, got some nice places to eat, a little less chaos than the two above.

Smyrna/Marietta - Nice areas as well, proximity of SunTrust Stadium (though the season is over, but still pretty good foot traffic up there). This area works because it stands well on its own footing...without actually being IN Atlanta (it's almost like what Fort Worth is to Dallas.

Roswell - You're probably too young for this area. This would be a nice area if you were flown in to see one or two specific clients. It feels like a small town, really. Cool and laid back.

Alpharetta and John's Creek - Technically not in ATL proper, and they stand on their own pretty well. It's more of a 'big' small town area. Beautiful area, but you wouldn't want to post here IF you plan on spending time in the city, because the commute feels a bit long, even though it's mostly just a ride up 400.

I would say the 'sweet spot' would be somewhere along the convergence point of Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, and Brookhaven.

Any areas that I didn't name, they're a bit too rough around the edges, so to speak. Decatur, Bankhead, College Park....nah. Southern areas are really shady.

Traffic is probably going to suck. Even on the weekends it can have slow stretches. Like, you'd think people who dealt with work traffic all week would want to take a break from it. Naaah....they just get right back in it, and then complain about it all the same.

Good luck. Hope this helps.