Epicurious Goes Woke: Halts beef recipes to be more "Pro-Planet"

Article from Epicurious' own blog on the decision

An Exerpt:

For any person—or publication—wanting to envision a more sustainable way to cook, cutting out beef is a worthwhile first step. Almost 15 percent of greenhouse gas emissions globally come from livestock (and everything involved in raising it); 61 percent of those emissions can be traced back to beef. Cows are 20 times less efficient to raise than beans and roughly three times less efficient than poultry and pork. It might not feel like much, but cutting out just a single ingredient—beef—can have an outsize impact on making a person’s cooking more environmentally friendly.

Today Epicurious announces that we’ve done just that: We’ve cut out beef. Beef won’t appear in new Epicurious recipes, articles, or newsletters. It will not show up on our homepage. It will be absent from our Instagram feed.

We know that some people might assume that this decision signals some sort of vendetta against cows—or the people who eat them. But this decision was not made because we hate hamburgers (we don’t!). Instead, our shift is solely about sustainability, about not giving airtime to one of the world’s worst climate offenders. We think of this decision as not anti-beef but rather pro-planet.

Of course, when it comes to the planet, eschewing beef is not a silver bullet. All ruminant animals (like sheep and goats) have significant environmental costs, and there are problems with chicken, seafood, soy, and almost every other ingredient. In a food system so broken, almost no choice is perfect.
And naturally, at the very bottom of the page:

If you are a vegetarian or a vegan, you do you boo. But don't waste your proselytizing on me.

All this "beyond beef" shit and everything else designed to imitate meat isn't for the vegans. It's for everyone else that doesn't buy into their hippie bullshit. It exists to coerce you into their lifestyle.

They can take all their estrogen-laden soyboy bullshit and stick it up their asses.
This "beyond beef" just can't be good for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3q_B8sOmVI

A short, sweet, cutting opinion:
If you are a vegetarian or a vegan, you do you boo. But don't waste your proselytizing on me.

All this "beyond beef" shit and everything else designed to imitate meat isn't for the vegans. It's for everyone else that doesn't buy into their hippie bullshit. It exists to coerce you into their lifestyle.

They can take all their estrogen-laden soyboy bullshit and stick it up their asses. Originally Posted by GastonGlock
Oh yes Soybean. The Plant based Protein source. good for the environment good for the body, or is it? Soybean is a Phytoestrogen, should men eat Soy Products especially as a mainstay in their protein intake? I would have to agree with you and say no as well.
Oh yes Soybean. The Plant based Protein source. good for the environment good for the body, or is it? Soybean is a Phytoestrogen, should men eat Soy Products especially as a mainstay in their protein intake? I would have to agree with you and say no as well. Originally Posted by Levianon17
if you want them docile and unable to reproduce, totally.

I've got buddies who think this whole thing is a Chinese-led globalist plot to reduce us all back to a serf peasantry, and have us all eating bugs while the rich get to eat proper animals.
https://www.epicurious.com/

never heard of these idiots until today. i find their "spokesperson" in that video's plaintive bleating about "save the planet" to be total nonsense.

any of you heard of the actor Scott Glenn? kinda quirky dude as an actor and a person. he's had some good roles, for one he was great as part of a great ensemble cast in "The Right Stuff" which is a great movie, and decent in "The Hunt for Red October". and he got to beat up John Travolta in "Urban Cowboy" which otherwise is piece shit movie. bhaaa

anyway, he's recently been doing ad's for impossible meat, that abomination of food. so while never a big fan of this dude i now absolutely despise him now .. just for that.

here he is bleating like a liberal turd ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNKbpeUwYzg

No we don't care what nerds say.

BAhHAHHAAA
Impossible burgers taste like burgers made by a space alien who decided to make them in a star-trek like replicator based on what people told him it tastes like.

People who say that shit tastes and has the same texture as beef must smoke a lot of cigarettes or do other things to destroy their taste buds.

And replicating the part that it weeps/bleeds like medium-done beef is a really weird flex to me. Makes me think that the hippies who made this shit used to get teased for cooking their meat well done.
I find it curious that, rather than just not eating this stuff, you guys complain about it, and deride anyone who does.

I don't eat it, and I'm not a vegetarian, but the only person who needs to know that, is me.

Hope y'all feel better soon!
I find it curious that, rather than just not eating this stuff, you guys complain about it, and deride anyone who does.

I don't eat it, and I'm not a vegetarian, but the only person who needs to know that, is me.

Hope y'all feel better soon! Originally Posted by pfunkdenver

Complaining and complaining and complaining is all the right wing conservative crackpots know how to do.

Progress. It's what's for dinner.
I'm pretty serious about cooking and have subscribed to the major cooking magazines for 30 yrs. Mostly all of them have lost focus in a desperate hunt for new content since the arrival of the internet age. I'll probably let them lapse and get recipes online. Not a political decision, rather disinterest in deviation from their main niche.
if you want them docile and unable to reproduce, totally.

I've got buddies who think this whole thing is a Chinese-led globalist plot to reduce us all back to a serf peasantry, and have us all eating bugs while the rich get to eat proper animals. Originally Posted by GastonGlock
Well As men age their Testosterone levels naturally drop and their Estrogen levels go up. Which results in various annoying changes in an aging body such as Low Energy, Muscle and strength loss, weight gain in the form of fat, primarily in the abdominal region, ect. So with that being said why would any man consume something like Soy that will inevitably lower the key male hormone Testosterone. lean meats don't necessarily raise Testosterone but they do help in stabilizing it and promote normal production. Tuns,Egg Yolks, Oysters, Beans and Low Fat Milk all aid the body in producing and stabilizing normal Testosterone levels. Men should stay away from Soy it influences Estrogen spikes. The only thing men should eat that contain Estrogen is Pussy, lol.
Come-on guys.
We all need to be prepared for what will be slopped down during space travel to the next planet the human race will overpopulate. /s
"The only thing men should eat that contain Estrogen is Pussy, lol."

BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS!!!
Gonna get me a dbl meat dbl cheese whataburger and a fried pie tonight.