OMG!! Kansas is sooo flat!

Came out here on an unexpected trip to visit some friends... Haven't been here for several years and I nearly forgot how flat this place is.
Now I'm sitting in a rather shabby motel room wondering WTF to do to entertain myself for an entire day while my friends go to some football thingy.
(PS. I'm not in the KC area)

I can't go look at a view,
unless I climb a water tower or hire a chopper there's really no panoramic views out here.

Fishing?
Have you guys seen a SouthCentral Kansas river this time of year? wading maybe, fishing? nope.

Been here a day or two already and have enjoyed some yummy BBQ, really good Mexican and poked around in a tornado shelter. (never saw one before) Odd thing.

Sooo, sitting in this room and surfing the net, looking for something interesting to do tomorrow.
Any and all suggestions would be welcome.

I know some of you have been here before. Help an old ho out.

What's a gal to do on a Sunday in Wichita??
Drove from California back to Pennsylvania one year...At border of Colorado and Kansas was a sign that read
"Welcome to Kansas...this state is 424 Miles Long"

I looked further down the road and saw another sign that had an arrow on it pointing down that read
"YOU WISH YOU WERE HERE"
Click your heels 3 times and wish you were back home.
Click your heels 3 times and wish you were back home. Originally Posted by bambino
But I don't have Ruby Slippers.
And this isn't just a dream.
Visit the Sedgwick County Zoo. It's pretty nice. It'll burn a couple hours of the day.
But I don't have Ruby Slippers.
And this isn't just a dream. Originally Posted by sexymaid_69
Worth a try.
When the water is low find the holes and you have found the fish. They can't leave because the water is low, they go where it is deeper. But they will be spooky, so tread softly. Low water makes the fish easier to find, you just have to be quit and keep a low profile. They see or hear you theyr'e gone.
When the water is low find the holes and you have found the fish. They can't leave because the water is low, they go where it is deeper. But they will be spooky, so tread softly. Low water makes the fish easier to find, you just have to be quit and keep a low profile. They see or hear you theyr'e gone. Originally Posted by HoochiCoochi man
Or, go to Wholey's
it could be worse...you could be in iowa...flatter that flat and corn as far as the eyes can see...
Or, go to Wholey's Originally Posted by Big Stig
Yes, nice rainbows in that trout tank.
And here I thought this thread was going to be about a new flat chested provider named Kansas..... LOL
And here I thought this thread was going to be about a new flat chested provider named Kansas..... LOL Originally Posted by woodstick
Me too
Iowa, miles and miles of corn for sure!
And here I thought this thread was going to be about a new flat chested provider named Kansas..... LOL Originally Posted by woodstick
Silly Wabbit
Me too Originally Posted by eyecu2
See previous post