hobby phone help

Wondering if anyone can help me figure out what the hell happened to my phone. Its the $15 t-mobile prepaid old school nokia phone. When not in use, i always keep in turned off and sometimes with the battery removed. Used it mid-afternoon today and then turned it off. Later on this evening, when i turned it back on, it asked for a security code. Not a password, but a security code. What the fuck is that ??
It's asking for pre-screening :P
You're probably screwed by a technical glitch.

Power off, remove the battery, unplug and replug the SIM card, let it sit for a while with the battery out. Reassemble, try again, throw it away and buy a new one. 8-)

If you registered it with real info or with info you wrote down, you may be able to call their customer support line and get a "PUK" PIN Unlock Key. That might fix it or it might not. Some people have said the PUK may be in the info you got with the phone, but I'm not sure.
+1

I used to do that all the time, its a pain in the ass.
You're probably screwed by a technical glitch. ...
you may be able to call their customer support line and get a "PUK" PIN Unlock Key. That might fix it or it might not. Some people have said the PUK may be in the info you got with the phone, but I'm not sure. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
as sierra said, you are being pre-screened before technial glitch screwing.

let's see - another guy hit by psbtgs.
  • djxk8
  • 05-22-2010, 10:21 PM
Sounds like something going on with the phone, did you ever set some sort of PIN Number on the phone itself?

this link may help... looks like there is some sort of Override Master Code you can put in if you do not know/have forgotten the security code.

http://www.unlockme.co.uk/securitynew.html
Thanks for the feedback
Some vendors deliver phones with a generic PIN. Try 1234 or 0000 or 1111.

Good luck.
  • Coach
  • 05-23-2010, 10:15 PM
I agree. Providers should not text looking for business. Especially if told not to