Potential New Strip Club Law in Texas

I was surfing the news online and I saw this interesting article about the strip club industry in Texas.
A State Representative has written a bill that would require dancers to get a license, wear said license while working, be 18 years of age and attend a class about human trafficking, awarness and reporting.

http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx?p...b-3e78f55f5647

What is everyones thoughts on this?

Considering the State Reps in Missourri literally killed the adult entertainment industry and the bible thumping right wing fundamentalist have tried to do the same in Kansas.

Thought it would an interesting topic since some of our current providers have or are still dancing.

Try and keep it civil
Stupid, won't pass (too much money & power in the big cities, plus all the Republican reps from podunk Tx see strippers and hookers when they are in Austin), but never underestimate the stupidity of the Tx Lege. Why don't they just enforce a red S tattoo on their forehead?
I can't help but wonder how they are going to fit that license in their g-string?
I can't help but wonder how they are going to fit that license in their g-string? Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh

Well he did suggest they wear it on a laynard around their neck, wear it attached to a head band or attach to their shoes.
I personally think that it is an excellent idea for strippers to attend that type of class. I am originally from Portland OR, where we have the most strip clubs in the country per capita. I have seen several girls get ~turned out~ in clubs and feel that perhaps a class of this kind might have helped prevent them... I believe that licensing entertainers is also another good idea.
I believe in Wichita they have an entertainers license if I remember correctly
I have no problems with any of those rules except the wearing of the license. I do think an enterprising dancer would figure out some interesting ways to display the license -- maybe shrink it down and sew it into the g-string, or put it on the bottom of her shoe, or get it tattooed on her lower back.
I was surfing the news online and I saw this interesting article about the strip club industry in Texas.
A State Representative has written a bill that would require dancers to get a license, wear said license while working, be 18 years of age and attend a class about human trafficking, awarness and reporting.

What is everyones thoughts on this? Originally Posted by Oenghus
All strippers have to be 18? Awesome! Get rid of all those 50 year old snaggletooth beasts. hahaha

Don't they have to be 18+ already?

How large is the license? Maybe they want strippers to wear a 2'x4' license in front and another one in back?

How about requiring state representatives to pass a test and wear licenses? Here's your lanyard, dipshit. I also want it to be a law that they have to wear a name tag at all times in public. Felony jail time if they don't, lol.

What about requiring gun owners or CCW owners to wear their licenses on lanyards around their necks? What's good for the goose is good for the gander, right?
Asking strippers to get licensed is nothing new. Several cities in America already have that requirement. But Zedler is getting attention for his suggestion that the dancers "conspicuously display" the license -- with their real names on it -- while working.

Oh! So, this is a PRO-stalking PRO-rape bill. Way to go Republitard.
http://www.billzedler.org
Asking strippers to get licensed is nothing new. Several cities in America already have that requirement. But Zedler is getting attention for his suggestion that the dancers "conspicuously display" the license -- with their real names on it -- while working.

Oh! So, this is a PRO-stalking PRO-rape bill. Way to go Republitard.
http://www.billzedler.org Originally Posted by Longermonger
Welcome to the main stage Patricia Alejandra Gonzalez aka Candy.....
With all the problems our law makers should be addressing...isn't it nice to see them spending time on a bill requiring strippers to wear a license

Way to go law makers...I'm sure they have made the Kansas/Missouri lawmakers proud!!!

I would imagine the 18year old provision is already in place

As far as the classes, nice idea in theory, but if enforced, I'm sure it will give the stippers a good opportunity to catch up on their sleep
To work in KCMO strip clubs you have to get finger printed & back ground check before you can get your Entertainers License.
I'm planning on offering realistic looking rubber hand gloves with the fingerprints of your choice and pre-arranged background checks. The best seller is the Sam Brownback model. Your I.D. will read Samantha.
I have worked in strip clubs and areas that force ladies to wear their license isn't really an issue. Most ladies rolled it up and it was attached to an ankle bracelet, or wrist bracelet.
Oh I wouldn't mind wearing a license attached to a headband lol since I know so many strippers who wear them it would probably work out great lol