Of course Boehner is against it

• CJ7
  • 07-03-2013, 02:52 PM
cant have a bipartisan bill now can we?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...udget/2486353/
There is the saying that those that do not learn from History are doomed to repeat it's mistakes.

We have a history, as in the 1986 amnesty bill during President Regans administration, that shows if you fail to secure the borders, we will be having the same discussion again in another 20 years.

As a Texan, I have no faith what so ever in the Federal Government doing anything of significance to stop the continuing tide of illegal immigration. Sure, it' in the Bill, but big deal. They simply will not enforce it, whether the Democrats are in charge or the Republicans.

Sorry if I am so untrusting. But history tells us what will happen.
There is the saying that those that do not learn from History are doomed to repeat it's mistakes.

We have a history, as in the 1986 amnesty bill during President Regans administration, that shows if you fail to secure the borders, we will be having the same discussion again in another 20 years.

As a Texan, I have no faith what so ever in the Federal Government doing anything of significance to stop the continuing tide of illegal immigration. Sure, it' in the Bill, but big deal. They simply will not enforce it, whether the Democrats are in charge or the Republicans.

Sorry if I am so untrusting. But history tells us what will happen. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Agreed, tried this bill already and it doesn't work. The only reason the people burned in '86 want a fence is to ensure there is no need to rely on a corrupt president who will not enforce it, again. The 700 miles of fence falls far short of the 2000 miles of border we share. Who doesn't think they will just walk around the fence? Laughable at best.
  • CJ7
  • 07-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Im on record saying enforce the current laws and quit dickin' with passing new legislation
Right on that!
Boehner is an example of why the GOP is deader than Kelso's nuts!
Boehner does not have the gonads to stand up to the renegade Tea Party rowdies from his own Republican caucus.

Fact Jack! (That was for Trendingay)