Important Question:

If you could see three (and only three) musicians/bands from any era, whether dead or alive, who would you choose?

Mine, in no particular order, would be
1. The Eagles circa 1971
2. Janis Joplin
3. The Doors
If you could see three (and only three) musicians/bands from any era, whether dead or alive, who would you choose?

1. The Eagles circa 1971
2. Janis Joplin
3. The Doors Originally Posted by MarianX
That would depend on:
Which venue would you be seen dancing barefoot by yourself with a peasant blouse, hair down with flowers and beads and tie dyed hip hugger pants.

That's the one.
That's a really good question. I don't know if I could pick just three. There are too many. Can't decide.
Queen
Elvis Presley
Michael Jackson
Rolling Stones
Beatles
Janis Joplin (Good choice Marian)
elvis presley (most amazing performer ever)
pink floyd (a show everyone should experience once in their lives)
led zeppelin (pure raw talent)
Quick Silver Messenger Service
Jefferson Airplane
Grateful Dead
1) Tom Waits
2) Queen
3) MC Frontalot
Hark, I don't know if anyone will ever see me with flowers in my hair or wearing tie dye. But it's entirely possible you may see me just about anywhere dancing with a Shiner Bock and good music!
Beatles
Jimi Hendrix
SRV
Are these the only 3 we'll get to see, ever, or are we naming 3 that we'd get to resurrect to see? Cause it makes a difference.

1. The Eagles circa 1971
2. Janis Joplin
3. The Doors Originally Posted by MarianX
Not a bad list. Saw the Eagles in ~1975. Saw Queen. Saw Zeppelin. Saw Springsteen. And many others. Most everything was general admission and it was a free for all to get to the front by the stage. As good as the Eagles were, my rank would be Springsteen, Queen, Zeppelin.

For my list I would chose bands I haven't seen
1. Lynyrd Skynryd
2. The Doors
3. Pink Floyd

For today's bands, Muse is the best live show I have seen lately.

Oh, I would definitely prefer to be alive when I see them.
This is waaay too difficult!! But I would have to see the Doors and Janis. Jimi, Zep, the Stones (circa 1969) Pink Floyd, Queen, just pick one and surprise me!