Taking measure: for those times when a good fit is important

Just thought how common/uncommon the scenario is for a gentleman shopping for a lady friend without her present.

It is understood that one would want to know her preferences and fashion sense unless the attire is something worn only for him.

It would seem like the most popular clothing gift by far is lingerie.
Measuring for that is pretty standard, and generally a lady posts her own measurements, making it a somewhat easy purchase.

Sure, one may feel a bit awkward doing it like this:
I never shop for a lady without her present. Even if I think I know her tastes I am going to fuck this up. Plus the fashion show can be a nice little prelude...
Understood! How much trouble can one get into in the family style dressing room, anyway, right?
Understood! How much trouble can one get into in the family style dressing room, anyway, right? Originally Posted by algrace
IDK.... sounds like that could be FUN!!!!
I never shop for a lady without her present. Even if I think I know her tastes I am going to fuck this up. Plus the fashion show can be a nice little prelude... Originally Posted by FrankieP
Absolutely. And the gals will smile when they see you smile at the show they put on.
Understood! How much trouble can one get into in the family style dressing room, anyway, right? Originally Posted by algrace
Absolutely no trouble whatsoever. Especially if the sales gal likes a good commission and:
1. Is actually helpful to the gal and makes valid suggestions that are sometimes coincidentally what the guy likes.
2. Never says a word about the diff gal you were shopping with the week or so before.
3. Guards the door.

What? Is this a revelation to some of the guys?
This training lecture for the guys sponsored by friends at selected stores on the plaza and at zona rosa who know what gals like to wear bcd.

And, yes Holly, quite fun.