Who's in on supporting a Christmas fund raiser?

All bull shit aside, I believe in Whisper's efforts and am willing to put my money where my mouth is.

Who's in - who's out?
I can help.
Every carnival needs a barker.
I am happy to contribute but to other long standing and reputable organizations but not to someone that belittles others 8 months out of the year... I don't forget that ...

Elf Louise will be getting my donation just as it has for many years in the past... ijs
I'm not sure what to say if you can't believe in this!

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=1221898

Are you that fucking myopic?
I simply choose to give in my own way... you have a problem with that???

Myopic my ass... You asked who's in ...well I'm not, so kiss my ass.
I simply choose to give in my own way... you have a problem with that???

Myopic my ass... You asked who's in ...well I'm not, so kiss my ass. Originally Posted by canyonman
Did I mention your handle, or quote you? A little defensive are you?
Christmas fund raiser for who or what?
Canyonman should be commended for stepping up and supporting a local agency that fills a need there in San Antonio. I ran a number of events for that very cause in the 80s and 90s when I owned businesses in SA. It is a very good cause.

I understand his sentiment but my personal beliefs and postings would be nothing less than hypocritical if I changed who I was and the issues I believe in in order to conform to what someone believes is an acceptable way to act here on these boards in order to suggest a cause in need at this time of the year.

What Louigi has done here in this thread was unsolicited. Little MissCuntCakes has also been offering for a while now to help. A few other people in the San Antonio community have PMd offering to donate in some way. Every year we get a few donations and see some San Antonio members at the party or some of the drop offs.

Considering that many of these people are members that have been on the opposite side of the fence from me on a variety of issues I think it says a lot more as well. Each and every day there is a time to leave here what is here.

Thank-you for the offers and support. I'll PM those that have expressed interest soon.
People have a right to opinions of dissension, if you don't wish to contribute or attend, that's fine, don't. But there is no reason to deliberately sabotage something because you dislike the organizer.

His board persona has absolutely nothing to do with his intent. His actions at this time of year not only benefit the children at Christmas, it benifits all who contribute, and attend.

It brings together factions of our world that normally never interact. All who contribute or attend have no regrets, they have a good time, and are happy to spread their fortunes to those who are without.

Don't let your dislike of the organizer, cloud your opinion of the intent.

I can tell you as the worst offender, it will not make you feel good about yourself.

So if you don't want to be part of it, great, but don't try to ruin other's good time, because it is not about Whispers.
From last year's invitation notice:

Please note - in the spirit of the holiday season, if you volunteer to donate an inexpensive toy (ten dollars or less), make it new and leave it unwrapped, please.

Toys for children age 3+ collected at the event will be donated to the San Antonio battered women's shelter for children there or, if they have a surplus of toys as they did in 2012, we'll give excess children's toys to the San Antonio Fire Department or to the Marines' Toys for Tots. If you'd like to volunteer cash, or gift cards (such as HEB, Walmart, Target), all donations will go to the women's shelter.

In the "hobby" spirit, adult "toys" will be exchanged (or auctioned) during the last part of the meet & greet.

Several providers have told me they may raffle their time. See their ads for details.

If you volunteer to bid on an adult toy (toy is for you or your ATF) in the auction, money from the auction will also go to the women's shelter funds. The shelter will use those funds for its needs and those it shelters.

= = = = =

In 2013, the local effort netted almost $400 in cash donations and nearly 50 toys. All of which was donated to the shelter.

I
nvitations to San Antonio's annual xxxmas event will advance following the Nov. 18 Little Black Dress happy hour.
I did not know about the SA fundraiser, count me on it also.
Louigi, thanks!

For those who cannot remember as far back as 2013, here's a link to the festivities:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=925671

and to the earlier notice:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=919758

The October Hollow Weenie was a prelude.
Will continue to support the local fundraiser headed by CK which has been very successfull as long as it's been around.