Saving Text Messages

I have an iphone 5. I have a lengthy back and forth text that I want to save. How can I do it other than simply being careful not to delete it off of the phone? Thanks
I have an iphone 5. I have a lengthy back and forth text that I want to save. How can I do it other than simply being careful not to delete it off of the phone? Thanks Originally Posted by tikkler33
There are several apps available to download to your computers. Until you do that, you can take screenshots.
There are several apps available to download to your computers. Until you do that, you can take screenshots. Originally Posted by LilMynx69

How do I take a screenshot of the text, and can I then email to it to myself or something?
How do I take a screenshot of the text, and can I then email to it to myself or something? Originally Posted by tikkler33

Press on the home key and the on/off at the same time you will hear the camera click and the screen shot will be in your camera roll. Then you can email the photos wherever you wish. I was not aware of the apps that are available that might be easier.
OK, took a screen shot like that, but it only took a pic of the part of the text that was actually on the screen. Will I have to take multiple screen shots since it's a long back and forth text?
OK, took a screen shot like that, but it only took a pic of the part of the text that was actually on the screen. Will I have to take multiple screen shots since it's a long back and forth text? Originally Posted by tikkler33
Yes. It's only a shot if what's on the screen. Google search: download text messages iPhone 5

You'll find info in many problems to help you download SMS to your computer.
Good luck with that. If you are trying to catch a person for something screen shots are not used in court judging from experience in the past.
Not sure if you remember me....new guy trying to post on the comments that others had?
Just want to say, I think it's funny that she burned you.

Why did you not pay that girl anyway?
I'm totally lost, but it is correct that screenshots are generally not admissible in court. The "best evidence" is the iPhone and the text itself. But you didn't ask that question.
iphone 5: if you delete a text from your phone and the phone is not backed up on the mac or icloud at that time (with that text) is it deleted for good? ie., can LE or a say a divorce lawyer get it back in the event they come into possession of your phone and crack the passcode?

I have gotten conflicting answers from techies I put this to, and yes I know that's one reason hobby phones were invented....

thanks
Double tap the message the copy key comes up then you can paste it into an email to send to yourself.

With the right equipment and right set of programs anything can be recovered off the phone, there are also a couple of apps out there that if say a S.O. were to put on to your phone would forward all your texts and phone logs to the S.O.
iphone 5: if you delete a text from your phone and the phone is not backed up on the mac or icloud at that time (with that text) is it deleted for good? ie., can LE or a say a divorce lawyer get it back in the event they come into possession of your phone and crack the passcode?

I have gotten conflicting answers from techies I put this to, and yes I know that's one reason hobby phones were invented....

thanks Originally Posted by ftango4
I don't know the technical answer, but my best suggestion is that you assume that anything you text on your phone could possibly be legally discoverable in a court case.

Private email might, repeat might, be a safer bet in many situations.
I use SMS Backup app.