Disney is a slow learner: Buzz Lightyear, the gay kiss scene

The new Disney movie Buzz Lightyear is coming to theaters very soon (not that I will be seeing it). The movie had a "gay" kiss in the first half hour of the movie but removed the scene some time back (probably to placate the Chinese communists). After Disney was a bit slow to attack the parental rights bill in Florida, they decided to virtue signal by putting it back in. I'm sure that the Chinese version will not have it.
Have these people ever heard the phrase, "Go woke, go broke." Seems to be a pretty poorly thought out strategy, placate about 15% of the country (5% gay, 5% trans, and 5% allies) and piss off about 50% of the country.

Of course, Tim Allen either passed or was not asked back to voice Buzz.

https://toofab.com/2022/04/29/disney...ghtyear-pixar/
so pixar had to ruin lightyear with a smoochie kiss???
  • WTF
  • 04-30-2022, 04:48 AM
so pixar had to ruin lightyear with a smoochie kiss??? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
You two numbnuts are worried about Buzz Lightyear making you gay? Or in barleycorns case, gayer!
You two numbnuts are worried about Buzz Lightyear making you gay? Or in barleycorns case, gayer! Originally Posted by WTF

Disney fired Geoff Morrell, head of public relations, just last week. What do you want them to do ?

Or as the company statement said, "Morrell is leaving the company to pursue other opportunities."
The point is (not the one on WTFs head) that Disney has a lot of employees, a lot. They hire a lot of people for entertainment; actors, singers, dancers, sound, lighting, directing, et. al. For some reason, many who choose these careers feel, or really, have alternative life styles. So many in fact that they have come to believe that they are the majority or that they've so cowed the normal people that they think they are loved for their "BOLD" choices. Over the years they've demanded that Disney bend over and spread the cheeks. Disney has because to do otherwise would be risking gutting their entertainers. Now, this very vocal minority is demanding to call the shots at Disney. The executive have a fiduciary duty to make money and not interfere with government. Disney, and so many other countries, need to have some mass firings to show these people who is the boss and who is the employee. Along the same lines, if China wants Disney movies then they need to accept the entire Disney movie. Otherwise, China can make their own movies and just buy LeBron James outright.
It's not that simple.
The point is (not the one on WTFs head) that Disney has a lot of employees, a lot. They hire a lot of people for entertainment; actors, singers, dancers, sound, lighting, directing, et. al. For some reason, many who choose these careers feel, or really, have alternative life styles. So many in fact that they have come to believe that they are the majority or that they've so cowed the normal people that they think they are loved for their "BOLD" choices. Over the years they've demanded that Disney bend over and spread the cheeks. Disney has because to do otherwise would be risking gutting their entertainers. Now, this very vocal minority is demanding to call the shots at Disney. The executive have a fiduciary duty to make money and not interfere with government. Disney, and so many other countries, need to have some mass firings to show these people who is the boss and who is the employee. Along the same lines, if China wants Disney movies then they need to accept the entire Disney movie. Otherwise, China can make their own movies and just buy LeBron James outright. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn

Like Tiny has pointed out before, you sound like your talking out of both sides of your culo. What do you mean by normal? Are there more entertainers, or executives, working for the investors?

I still think you're on the brink of something great. Just limit the bullshit. Sir.

You two numbnuts are worried about Buzz Lightyear making you gay? Or in barleycorns case, gayer! Originally Posted by WTF
... Crikey! ... Wouldja look at that!

Not onley did YOU vote for Biden - YOU were part of
the Mickey Mouse Club...

... Most of yer comments here in the forum are mickey mouse.

### Salty
  • WTF
  • 04-30-2022, 01:57 PM
... Crikey! ... Wouldja look at that!

Not onley did YOU vote for Biden - YOU were part of
the Mickey Mouse Club...

... Most of yer comments here in the forum are mickey mouse.

### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
I'm sorry for not giving Buzz Lightyear the proper respect you think he deserves!
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
They would be happy about it. Disney contributed over $100,000 to the DeSantis campaign and over $300,000 to the local GOP candidates. This is a back-office magic trick and I like it.
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
... Blimey! Just spilled-over me beer from laughing!

Proper enough that the had to put President Trump in!

### Salty
Phomohobes

Fatmickeygay.net anyone?
The point is (not the one on WTFs head) that Disney has a lot of employees, a lot. They hire a lot of people for entertainment; actors, singers, dancers, sound, lighting, directing, et. al. For some reason, many who choose these careers feel, or really, have alternative life styles. So many in fact that they have come to believe that they are the majority or that they've so cowed the normal people that they think they are loved for their "BOLD" choices. Over the years they've demanded that Disney bend over and spread the cheeks. Disney has because to do otherwise would be risking gutting their entertainers. Now, this very vocal minority is demanding to call the shots at Disney. The executive have a fiduciary duty to make money and not interfere with government. Disney, and so many other countries, need to have some mass firings to show these people who is the boss and who is the employee. Along the same lines, if China wants Disney movies then they need to accept the entire Disney movie. Otherwise, China can make their own movies and just buy LeBron James outright. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
its a similar situation where the Mozilla employees basically fired their CEO a few years ago over his donation to the anti-gay marriage proposition funding.