MEN: Regarding Provider's Profile Link

This is TIA's Helpful Hint Of The Day

I read reviews now and then and it surprises me when a man will ask the reviewer for the provider's link.

Do you folks not know, that if you scroll all the way to the BOTTOM of the woman's review, her link to her eccie profile is provided down there? Even if the reviewer fails to add it to the profile, more than likely, it's tied to her account via her link which you can find (again...) at the VERY bottom of the review...actually below the review.

This is just an informative post for those men who don't realize this option/service is there/provided.
Thank you, Tia!

I don't want to seem greedy, but if you're in a hint-giving mood ... when I make a roux, I'm supposed to add the flour, salt, and pepper to the melted butter and cook it along for a minute or so before adding the milk. But if I let it cook for more than 10 or 15 seconds, even stirring all the while, it seems like the flour just wants to form tough little lumps that are difficult to smooth out in the final sauce.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Try using hot milk instead of cold. You can also save clumpy roux and gravies by using a blender.
Tia ... Thanks for trying to be helpful. However, I feel your advise is either inaccurate or not true. To my knowledge, there are only two ways to view a providers review.

1) From her showcase. If you are viewing it from her showcase, a link to her showcase is useless or simply not needed.

2) From the Provider Review Section on each board for each state. I am in Texas so we have several boards within Texas. When a hobbiest writes a new review, it is posted there even before it reaches or is linked to the Providers Showcase. If a hobbiest is looking at this fresh new review in the Review Forum, there is NO WAY to get to the Providers Showcase unless a link has been provided. The exception to this is the hobbiest can do a search of the Providers name. Most hobbiest will simply not take that extra step. So a hobbiest who DOES NOT include a link from the Providers Showcase is lazy, is making his fellow hobbiest work for what should have been easy cut/paste on his part, and is doing the provider an injustice because most guys will not pursue her as they don't have the time to do the extra investigation when other showcases are more easily accessible. Thus the reason guys will complain in the first or second comment following a review that an Eccie Showcase Link should have been provided. Some guys are rude about it and some guys are polite about it. Some guys will even include the link in their follow up comment to help the reviewer.

I take the position that my response depends upon the hobbiest history. I will give a new guy a lot of slack and gently remind him of his responsibility. I will even help him by providing the link. A guys who has done this for a while should know better and I will simply ignore his reviews.
EastTexasGrown, I wasn't pointing out where to find a review. I was pointing out that once you're actually "reading" the review, you can find the link to the provider's profile at the very bottom of the page (below the review)....even when the reviewer fails to include it in his review.
Thank you, Tia!

I don't want to seem greedy, but if you're in a hint-giving mood ... when I make a roux, I'm supposed to add the flour, salt, and pepper to the melted butter and cook it along for a minute or so before adding the milk. But if I let it cook for more than 10 or 15 seconds, even stirring all the while, it seems like the flour just wants to form tough little lumps that are difficult to smooth out in the final sauce.

What am I doing wrong?... Originally Posted by James1588
While SA Angel gives some good tips, you might want to consider this:

It seems that you need someone FEMALE with you while making the sauce. The two of you stirring together in circular, figure 8 and up & down motions should get rid of those lumps.

Hope that helps.
https://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2130517

Tia, this is a review done on Candiland today. I am not promoting her. Never met her. Simply using her review as an example.

It was posted by the reviewer and has yet to be approved by a MOD. Yes, this hobbiest put her link in the review. But if not for that, then there is no other reference to her Showcase. Nowhere below the review.

My guess is that we both are accurate and are splitting hairs. I say this because the link that I provided has not been linked to her showcase by a MOD. Once a MOD either approved or denies points for the review, he will link it to her showcase. On different boards, this sometimes happens quickly and other times could take up to 3 days. But until he links the review to her showcase, the link WILL NOT appear at the bottom. So for a traveling lady who is in an area for a day or two, the inability of the reviewer to provide a showcase link could be harmful to her immediate business.

So yes, the link is at the bottom but often not soon enough to benefit the traveling lady.

Thus the NEED for hobbiest to provide a link in the review. If the link in the review we're not important, then there wouldn't be a place for it in the review.

Oh ... And I REALLY liked your last set of cooking directions.
I suppose you're right. It all depends on the speed of the MODS in that particular area the review is in.

So let me aim that helpful hint in my first post to the gents who are still asking for the provider link (after the fact that it's been attached to the woman's profile)...it's so they know to look at the very bottom first before asking.

I'm no Iron Chef, but I do know a little bumpin' and grindin' helps get rid of most lumps.
Try using hot milk instead of cold. You can also save clumpy roux and gravies by using a blender. Originally Posted by SA Angel
Thanks very much! The very next time I make one, that milk will be heated.
While SA Angel gives some good tips, you might want to consider this:

It seems that you need someone FEMALE with you while making the sauce. The two of you stirring together in circular, figure 8 and up & down motions should get rid of those lumps.

Hope that helps. Originally Posted by tia travels
Tia, I'm not quite visualizing all those motions. The next time I'm lucky enough to visit, maybe you could show me? Hmmmm, making a white sauce with Tia Travels ... what, it came out lumpy? Yeah, who cares?

The last time I saw you, O Goddess of the Sensual, by the time I left, I was pretty vague about my own name, or what city I was in. Lumpy sauce would have been far, far below my radar.
I am from Louisiana and the problem is you aren't making a true roux. It's simply equal parts by weight of flour and fat (usually oil) cooked together to make a thickener. The key is low heat stirred CONSTANTLY.

If you want a darker roux without burning, you can brown the flour in the oven first.