Google Wave

All of you have made me feel like a tech ignoramus. I haven't understood much of what you have said.
All of you have made me feel like a tech ignoramus. I haven't understood much of what you have said. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
LOL, Me too! I googled google wave, and just like someone else mentioned you have to sign up...but I don't know what I'm signing up for, LOL.

Can someone please explain in lay(wo)man's terms what this thing does exactly? This may be my only chance to show off and look like a smarty to my fellow technically challenged friends.
It does lots - it's like an email system where you can edit each others work, reply to single sentences, share files in an environment that feels like a discussion forum.

Explains the whole thing in simple terms (including robots, which are way cool and near to the end of the video, but worth watching):
http://wave.google.com/about.html#video
Sounds like Groove. But I thought Ray Ozzie took that to Microsoft with him when he went there.
Sounds like Groove. But I thought Ray Ozzie took that to Microsoft with him when he went there. Originally Posted by Sisyphus
Groove is a MS product and you can get it with Office 2007 if you want.
Groove is a MS product and you can get it with Office 2007 if you want. Originally Posted by LonesomeDove
Captain Obvious checkin' in. Give him a hand, folks!

If anyone's actually in a postion to actually compare/contrast the two products... please do!
I haven’t used Groove, but based on the information on the site it really is just a tool that combines synchronous (chat) and asynchronous (e-mail) communication in one easy to use combined format with a recorder function. It gives you a single thread history of discussion around a topic, regardless of whether chat or e-mail is used.

It doesn’t have, at least yet, any desktop sharing capability to hold virtual meetings (all participants viewing the same PowerPoint presentation, video, spreadsheet, etc.) along the lines of Live Meeting.

There is vague talk about future plug -ins and capabilities.

Always sell the features of the version that isn’t out yet