Backpage getting some bad press

this was on Fox news

Sextrade of houston

they make a point.. if they shut down their adult section, the ads will go elsewhere. what they did not say was the fly by night scammers would create sites... they rely on the breeziness of BP where you can post an "insta-ad"
dont they know im not on here picking up kids....i like the older ones....and independent. thats my search criteria.
they make a point.. if they shut down their adult section, the ads will go elsewhere. what they did not say was the fly by night scammers would create sites... they rely on the breeziness of BP where you can post an "insta-ad" Originally Posted by Spirit13
Yup, BP and Houston Press aren't the enemy here. Typical social crusader bullshit: pick a straw-man argument/cause - must be easy to argue, designate corporation X as the representative for that cause, begin stirring up the villagers...
Saw that this morning too. Thanks for posting!
Typical sleaze from the media.....
Shouldn't this be in the sandbox?
Sounds like the guy from Free Press that is complaining has sour grapes since he is missing out on all the revenue from sexually-oriented ads.

I love how the biggest complaint is "trafficing". What the fuck does "trafficing" mean? You can't tell me the single indy ads that prodominate BP are involved with trafficing. And you can't tell me that all or even most of the Latina/Asian places are involved. But, I'm also not native to think that it doesn't go on. Just like pimps on backpage. Hard to tell if a provider has one and most don't want you to know.

How does an "innocent" hobbyist tell?

I love the one comment on the story at the bottom from some Latonya Minor person who says:

"Human trafficking is a serious issue even little girls and boys are out there being made to prostitute or exploit themselves. The hotels are flooded with them I see it everyday it's disgusting I pray for them."

OK, inquiring minds want to know: which hotels? And are you sure they are doing what you think they are and not some family staying at a hotel/motel? Like there are hundreds of people (with families) arriving in Houston every week looking for work. They have to stay somewhere.

More "scare" tatics by untight religious types. Figures for Faux news.
Is it sweeps already???

I love the one comment on the story at the bottom from some Latonya Minor person who says:

"Human trafficking is a serious issue even little girls and boys are out there being made to prostitute or exploit themselves. The hotels are flooded with them I see it everyday it's disgusting I pray for them." Originally Posted by Yowzer
Isn't there "The Good Samaritan Law", where if you see a crime you're obligated to call it in. Guilty by proxy much, Latonya? She probably got tipped on the side.