You guys are lucky...the big 4

Been thinking for a few months about making a trip to the windy city. I am a pizza addict. I want to go to the big 4. the original Uno's. Lou's, Gino's, and try giordano's. I have yet to get a clear schedule where I can make it happen. I have yet to feed the need for deep dish. Thinking about making a drive. I can fly for short distances but would rather avoid medium or lengthy flights. Any guys or girls able to offer up some local traveling advice?

I would like to visit all 4 places in a short time frame. If I had to stay, Id like to find a decent hotel that doesnt cost an arm and a leg for what im trying to do. Im not really planning on sight seeing this go around, just satisfy a lingering craving. So if I stayed it would only be for a night. And if I could avoid staying I probably would due to my lack of time.

So any local advice? best time of the week to go? best time to go with, little or no waiting? Any places I named offer tourist specials or discounts? Are they pretty close to each other? is it easier to drive in the city, take a taxi or walk it, if they are close? Thanks.
And since im not from there, I may not be considering some things. If thats the case chime in, it only helps me plan my trip better.
  • GBN94
  • 04-03-2012, 08:48 PM
All of them have locations in the river north/michigan ave area 60610.
And well within walking distance of each other.
The idea that they'd cut tourists a deal is funny though. Its big business and as you've shown its a draw for out of towners.

PS: Pizano's is far more a legitimate contender to being a top 4 than Giordanos
Thanks, Ill add it to the list. I just watched a show where one of the managers of one of the 4 said they have deals with some of the hotels where they can just walk in without having to wait in line. I didnt know if that was still going on or not. Thats what I really meant by having a deal. Time is more important this go around. And not having to wait in line to a crowded place would be great. Perhaps I might find a nice female tourguide with extras?