Gift card bartering?

• markw
  • 01-03-2017, 08:01 AM
Sometimes it is easier for me to slip funds out by purchasing gift cards for customers at work. They range from academy sports, Cabelas Outfitters, Shell gas and the like. I currently have a small stack of Cabelas. Do any of the ladies do barter deals?

And yes i fully expect the ladies to verify the cards value.
years ago on my first tour to KC(circa 2004-2005) I had a gent offer a Circuit City voucher..of course cash is king and I was apprehensive about taking it..the awkwardness of verifying it and blah blah blah..but it worked out, used it on xmas gifts and these days with reputable online companies that will give you a % (not the full amount value) of the cards value for "in demand cards"..you can even convert the gift card to cash if needed..

if its a needed store, the hobbyist doesn't mind the awkwardness of having to verify it and the girl agrees..I don't see why not.. Have known guys to go half cash, half gift card..or even had a few do full rate in gift cards(which often didn't cost them a thing) and throw in 50-100 cash.. thats whats great about the hobby..so many ways to make things happen you just gotta talk and communicate
If the gift cards are for a store that I would normally shop in, they work the same as cash to me! PS, I love Cabelas!
Of course a girl wouldn't want them all the time, but they create a fun "break" from the norm, and make me feel like I have earned myself a little solo shopping date. I love Cabelas, and I would say more ladies than you think do; )
As I was sitting waiting to board this plane to dallas..I was scanning back thru and got to thinking

Let me clarify..I have absolutely NO interest in cabelas or use for it...and wasnt expressing my personal interest in giftcards as payment(however did have a few reliable guys use visa card and other useful cards to me as payment in the recent past).more so just offering food for thought that giftcards could be a viable payment option but every girl may be different..but for guys who may be able to "hide" spending that way it makes sense

Main point..ask..its amazing what can be accomplished by simple communication

Best of luck and hobby safe..im off to dallas for 1.5days
Felina ran her usual holiday special of reduced rates if you brought a gift card to donate to charity, then post holidays offered to take the gift cards you received as gifts.
I take Amazon, BestBuy, and prepaid Visa gift cards for now. Only because I'm trying to buy a gaming laptop lol. I'm open to others as well depending on what they are
That Felina is a stand up gal..well..i mean except for..well..you get my point..

Just 1 more way gift cards can be used and benefit everyone and sometimes more!!

Felina ran her usual holiday special of reduced rates if you brought a gift card to donate to charity, then post holidays offered to take the gift cards you received as gifts. Originally Posted by hogmanjones
I would take gift cards as payment of course It would have to be for somewhere I like to shop that would be beneficial-But how do I check the balance (s) call when you hand them to me? Seems a bit odd to do- but hey- if it works..why not.
There's usually a verification site on the card.
any takers on a $200 Victoria secrete card ???
If the gift cards are for a store that I would normally shop in, they work the same as cash to me! PS, I love Cabelas! Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
All that AND she loves Cabelas...DAMN!
All that AND she loves Cabelas...DAMN! Originally Posted by ConwayDude
ConwayDude! Great to see you posting again! Miss seeing you!
Gift cards welcome here gents ❤❤
Your wife aint that dumb who givez people at work $300 gift cardz some men think they are smart... smh