"Account Disabled"

What does "Account Disabled"; mean? Is it a voluntary act, or is it a punishment - and if it's a punishment, what type of wrong was committed to justify the punishment? Thank you. IBH
A member can ask for their account to be disabled if they are going thru something. Or waiting on a name or information change.
Thank you. IBH
Now that i have learned why sometimes it may say Account Disabled, i am wondering if anyone can tell me what it means if under someones name it says Banned. Did they choose to put that there, or did they do something bad to get that status?

Thanks
Banned means that their account was blocked by a Mod or board management due to infractions. Either they did something that got them a temporary ban or earned a permanent ban from the board.
eholiday's post pretty much sums it up.
Now that i have learned why sometimes it may say Account Disabled, i am wondering if anyone can tell me what it means if under someones name it says Banned. Did they choose to put that there, or did they do something bad to get that status?

Thanks Originally Posted by ButterCups
why don't you enter the date that they were banned?
  • MrGiz
  • 01-04-2012, 12:57 AM
It has been brought to my attention, in the last few weeks... that a few new members (i.e. questionable characters) have manually "inserted" the word "BANNED" under their avatar.... even when they were not "banned" by the site admin/mods.... and have continued to post with the "BANNED" banner present! Strange... but apparently true.

Can either one of our Mods comment?
They can type Banned under their name if they want to. The member has to be either VP or PA to do so. At this time it is not against the rules. I think it is stupid that some people do that but then again... stupid is stupid!

Smooch!

Lea