THE PC POLITICAL FORUM

Has the forum turned into a forum in which just about anything you say could get you infractions...other forums here are not anywhere near as PC...if "ANYTHING" is considered disrespectful here...BOOM!!
Has the forum turned into a forum in which just about anything you say could get you infractions...other forums here are not anywhere near as PC...if "ANYTHING" is considered disrespectful here...BOOM!! Originally Posted by bb1961
I called a post "stupid" and got points for it. So I agree with you that the moderator has gone a little overboard at times but it's much better than the "good old days" when posters could get totally belligerent with others and bring discussions into the gutter. It's difficult to draw a line and try to decide what to allow and what not to allow, so the decision was made to eliminate anything that is considered to be the least bit disrespectful. I enjoy reading posts from certain individuals and smile at what I know they would like to write.

The Austin forum, and I assume all ECCIE forums other than this one forum, have always had similar rules to those now in affect here. We don't run the forums.
Just don't say a thread is worthless and you will avoid that...FYI
Has the forum turned into a forum in which just about anything you say could get you infractions...other forums here are not anywhere near as PC...if "ANYTHING" is considered disrespectful here...BOOM!! Originally Posted by bb1961
Kinda like Wyatt Earp cleaning up Dodge City
I called a post "stupid" and got points for it. So I agree with you that the moderator has gone a little overboard at times but it's much better than the "good old days" when posters could get totally belligerent with others and bring discussions into the gutter. It's difficult to draw a line and try to decide what to allow and what not to allow, so the decision was made to eliminate anything that is considered to be the least bit disrespectful. I enjoy reading posts from certain individuals and smile at what I know they would like to write.

The Austin forum, and I assume all ECCIE forums other than this one forum, have always had similar rules to those now in affect here. We don't run the forums. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
that's hard to believe you getting points make's me wonder if Jackie S has ever got any, but he was always taking a lot of verbal abuse from yssup
The Austin forum, and I assume all ECCIE forums other than this one forum, have always had similar rules to those now in affect here. We don't run the forums. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
I call bullshit based on my experience posting in the Austin sandbox. You may have behaved reasonably well, but most of the others repeatedly violated the rules that are currently applied here. That includes Cap'n Crunch, milly23, Austin Dude, yssup rider, Little Monster, Observing, supercold1, and many, many others.
I called a post "stupid" and got points for it. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Wow. IMHO you should be able to call a post stupid without calling the poster stupid. Is it against the rules to say "that's the dumbest argument I've ever heard"? Smart people make dumb arguments on occasion too.
I call bullshit based on my experience posting in the Austin sandbox. You may have behaved reasonably well, but most of the others repeatedly violated the rules that are currently applied here. That includes Cap'n Crunch, milly23, Austin Dude, yssup rider, Little Monster, Observing, supercold1, and many, many others. Originally Posted by lustylad

You could be correct. Sometimes my memory fails me. lol.

I do remember getting warnings (no points) at times for what I thought were rather innocent comments.
Wow. IMHO you should be able to call a post stupid without calling the poster stupid. Is it against the rules to say "that's the dumbest argument I've ever heard"? Smart people make dumb arguments on occasion too. Originally Posted by lustylad
I assume that the mod thought that when I called a post stupid I was indirectly calling the poster stupid. Sometimes they go hand in hand.
You can always ask admin. to reverse the infraction if you feel you have a valid argument! Be careful, some mods. hold grudges when their infractions are reversed..
Wow. IMHO you should be able to call a post stupid without calling the poster stupid. Is it against the rules to say "that's the dumbest argument I've ever heard"? Smart people make dumb arguments on occasion too. Originally Posted by lustylad
If it is even considered hurting a persons feeling...BINGO!!
It ALL comes down to reception.
Welcome to the new PC correct forum.
I assume that the mod thought that when I called a post stupid I was indirectly calling the poster stupid. Sometimes they go hand in hand. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
At some point the mods(s) have to tell people not to take everything personally. When I call an argument stupid, I explain why. And I don't have a problem with anyone calling my argument stupid, as long as they tell me exactly what they find stupid about it.
You can always ask admin. to reverse the infraction if you feel you have a valid argument! Be careful, some mods. hold grudges when their infractions are reversed.. Originally Posted by winn dixie
If I receive an infraction I usually respond via PM. I've never had one reversed. Has anyone else?

I don't think wakeup holds a grudge. Anyone who holds grudges shouldn't be a mod.
there is a certain lack of flair and humor now

it sounds funny to say "curse words" or filthy language were objectionable in eccie of all places, but that's exactly what I didn't like in the past in this forum

not that I couldn't deal with it, but at times people were lambasted with such an outburst of it in ways that had no redeeming aspect especially when it was humorless

but now just funny rejoinders are apt to get one slapped around
Well, I usually found humor in some of WTF's homo insults. Like this one...

Just to clarify.... I only call homo's, homo's. Even then it's only when you post like you can't find you lipstick and your late for a dick sucking date.

I can not help it that this forum is litered with right wing closeted log cabin weenie washers. Originally Posted by WTF
^^^ That one made me laugh for 5 minutes.